Inbound call report by hour of day?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OffTheRadar, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OffTheRadar

I'm trying to determine if it is worth it to extend the phone support hours of our business from 6PM to 8PM. I would like a report that shows, over the past month or so, the number of inbound calls that we've received between those hours. Is this or something similar possible? I've looked through the available reports in the web reporter, but I don't see anything similar to this.

Thanks!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There is not a report that allows you to segment times out over a period of days. You will either need to run an individual report for each day with the desired time interval specified and sum the results manually or you can run a complete report covering a period of days and all times within those days and export to Excel whereupon you then sort and format however you like.

You may be able to cut down on the data to be examined by using a report type that most closely approximates what you want.

3. OffTheRadar

Thanks for your help and for your suggestion to use Excel.

For anyone else trying to do this, here's what I did.

1. Run the call logs report to get the raw data you need and save it to an Excel document.
    2. Add a column for the call hour. You can use the Excel HOUR() function, passing it the call date/time cell.
    3. Highlight all data cells and insert a PivotTable
    4. Select the "Hour" column from the PivotTable list, and then drag the Hour column into the Values box. You may have to select the down arrow beside the Hour column in the Values box and select that you want a Count of Values (this was the default for me).

This should give you a chart showing a row for each hour of the day and a count of the number of calls for that hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.