Inbound call routing issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeff yager, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff yager

I am using 3cx 11 with 2 incoming DID's via NexVortex. Here is the scenario I need to accomplish:

My company has two seperate companies. I need to be able to route each of the 2 did's to seperate Line appearances based on DID that was called. For instance, Company A is 555-555-1212, company B is 555-555-1213. If someone calls Company A it needs to route to Digital receptionist A, If someone calls company B, it needs to go to Digital receptionist B.

And when caller makes their choice the exetension selected needs to know which company the call is for.

Can Anyone help with this?

Thank you!!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Set up the DID numbers under VOIP provider. Then set-up "Inbound Rules" using the DID/DDI Number mask option and point each to their respective DR/IVR for that company. You can label the rules CoA and CoB (in inbound rules) which can also show in the caller-ID so the extension ultimately being reached will know for which company the call was placed.

3. jeff yager

Thank you, working on it now. Not sure where to set caller id on a did.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

See attached.

Fax *4910 will show in the caller ID as will the originators true caller-id. The downside is that it may be somewhat dependent on phone display capability. So, sub CoA for FAX.

Attached Files:

5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Also useful to know about this page in the VoIP Provider set up ...

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/did-voip-provider/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.