Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound call to external number recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daktur, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi everyone,

When we forward an inbound call to an external number does the system record call normally or since it is outside calls it does not record.

Thank you!

2. Bankstone

Daktur,

I have noticed the same thing,
    Even though the call is going through 3CX it doesnt seem to record it.

I am sure there is a logical explanation for this.

3. daktur

daktur New Member

Bankstone,

Thanks for confirming! Is there any way to make the system to record those calls?

I have changed networks and having several issues on receiving calls spo i had to transfer all to an external number but anyway i need the recordings.

Thanks again.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

On 3CX the recordings are oriented around the extensions, effectively a call is going to be recorded only if an extension is involved in it, that is why when you forward and inbound call back out to another number, as no extension is no longer involved it is no longer recorded.

I don't know of any way to record these calls though.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

There is a trick to record trunk-to-trunk calls nevertheless it doubles the number of simultaneous calls, so license limitations may apply.

To do this you need a dummy extension and a dummy trunk registered to dummy extension, I call this trunk loop and use address 127.0.0.1. Also you need to create an outbound rule for the dummy extension using dummy trunk as an only option.

Outgoing calls via this dummy trunk will use the permissions and properties of the dummy extension, so you can select recording of all calls for the dummy extension, modify caller-ID, etc., so you can place the external call through this trunk, using corresponding outbound rule. The dummy extension will use the regular outbound rules, as the call being placed from that extension.

You may create as many pairs of dummy loop trunks and loop extensions as you need.

Hope this will help you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.