Inbound call to ring one extension during our team meetings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cara, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cara

Hi All:

I am very new to this forum and we have only had our 3CX system for a few months. We are a very small office with only 5 people.

My question is this: Is there a way to have one specific extension (x17) ring during our team meetings? We have an extension that has a portable phone that we take into our team meetings so we can see if it is an important call that we are waiting for. Before each meeting, I go into our 4 ring groups and add the extension that has the portable phone connected. Then after the meetings, I go back into the 4 ring groups and remove that extension. (We usually dont want this phone to be in a ring group on a regular basis because it is our president's phone, however, we do need to be able to see who is calling during our meetings.)

Is there a simple rule that I can create that would make the x17 phone ring so that I dont have to go in and out of ring groups each time.

Thanks

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It may sound strage but workaround is really simple.
    try to make the x17 extension to be a participant of all groups and set it as first member.
    Register it when you start meeting... and unregister it when meeting is finished...
    Solved...
    :)
    Thanks for the input.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cara

Thanks Sy! Will your idea still work if we actually need ext 17 to be a working phone all the time, just not a phone in the ring group? My boss uses x17 as his extension.

If it will work, that would be great!

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

create x18... and activate it diring team meeting... activate it on boss's phone...

P.S. To be honest, I have not understood your changes in description... and I don't understand why all calls from ringgroups should come to boss's phone during team meetings...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.