Inbound call : unable to disconnect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by itgs, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itgs

Most frequently I notice that some inbound calls lock the extension (remote) making it unable to receive more incoming calls.
    In reality the extension is free without any call answering.
    Checking in the extension status panel, there is evidence of the call but, tryng to force disconnection of the call, i receive the following message : 3CX Interface: An Exception Occured ExtStatus Error (see the attachment).

Shutting down and restarting the ip phone don't solve issue.

The only way to solve the issue is restarting all 3cx services.

Investigating the issue, i noticed that is more frequently in branch office where adsl connection is poor and sometimes there are some degraded performance or service down.

Could you give me some workaround alternative to restart the 3cx ?

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, You may want to consider using the 3CX Session Boarder Controller in your remote offices. Find more information here : http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. itgs

Hi Charles,
    thank you for your reply.

I know the SBC but , in this specific case, the branch office is very small (only 1 client pc and 1 operator).

There is no server inside where I can install the sbc.

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Have you consider to re-install 3CX?
    - make backup
    - de-install 3CX
    - download fresh copy and install 3CX
    - restore backup
    15-30 minutes work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you checked to see if a "BYE" message is being sent from the set and/or received by the PBX, using something like Wireshark? If there is not, why? Is it at one point, but doesn't go beyond.... Could this be a network (hardware?) issue at the remote end? Are there other remote sets (other locations) that have, or have not, exhibited that same issue? If there are other remote sets, but none have the same problem, only this one site, then then it may be a set (can be confirmed by swapping out the phone), or router/firewall setting/issue. Might be an ISP problem, but usually that's not the case. I would suspect hardware first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.