Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound call with voice delay. OK after transfer!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by camroc, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camroc

Hi, I'm not sure if it is a router issue but.

Running the lastest free version of 3CX. I have a couple of Grandstream 2000 phones for testing. These are all running off the back of a DSL Netgear router.

I am testing this and some other IP PBX systems ready for implementation March next year.

I have set up a couple of VOIP accounts, one with VOIP unlimited and the other with SipGate.

The issue is. When calling in from my Virgin Media landline both of my Grandstreams ring and I can pick up either.
    When speaking onto the IP phone I get a delay (that can fluctuate) anything from 1 to 4 seconds. When speaking into the landline a very small delay within tolerance.

However what is weird is if I place the call on hold and transfer to the other phone the delay almost vanishes. Calls from the PBX to my home number are also within tolerances.

I have opened up my router's port forwarding.

I'm sure it's a simple one!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One thing you may want to look at, and it may or may not fix it, is the option "PBX delivers audio" in each line. I'm wondering too if there might be a Codec issue at all, might be something to double check as well. A four second delay seems excessive.

3. gdewey

the 2 phones are on the same switch? we have reduce delays in a mayor way by assigning a dedicated phone network segment. But its pretty likely that the "PBX delivers audio" as leejor suggest will do the trick.

4. jilldemi

We had the same concern on this one before. What we do was we assign a dedicated phone segment for each to avoid the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gdewey

making a network segment is the best but also expensive specially if the facilities have more than one floor and several offices etc.. I have try to set a wireless/wire network using wireless/wired linksys bridges but it sucked big time.. delays where terrible.. nothing like wired!

6. camroc

Wow, thank you for the replies.

I'm afraid I have them wired off the back of my Broadband router. I think the next step would be to get a decent switch and move all the phone equipment there.

It's very odd though that the call is fine after being transferred from one extension to the other... Still it's not the end of the world as eventually all calls coming in to the office will be through a landline or GSM gateway so that might help things.

Thanks again, it's nice to know that there are some good people out there!

7. gdewey

other option is to get a switch with packet/protocol priority that will prioritize sip over other protocol. but if your phones are near each other setting another physical network gives best results.

one thing I did one time and made a good difference (with out any physical move) is to install a good antivirus such as kasperky on every WINDOWS machine on the network ;)

good day
    guillermo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.