Inbound caller ID incorrect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cadbrowne, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadbrowne

Our local extensions are 3 digits long. We also have another location (not on our 3cx, but they are listed in contacts) that uses 4 digit extensions. We can dial to and from them with no problem, and they show in the call logs correctly. HOWEVER when the call comes in, the (yealink) phones and any 3CX clients display the incorrect caller ID. It seems to be truncating the number to 3 digits, and displaying THAT (local) person's name, instead of the correct one.

For example, if we have a local extension 234 which belongs to John Smith, but a call comes in from the other company from Martha Jones at extension 1234... it will appear to be from John Smith at 234 instead.

If the call logs can show the correct caller name and number, then I think we should be able to make it display correctly also, but I am stumped as to how.

2. Panayiotis_3CX

Panayiotis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @cadbrowne,

Are the 2 PBX's bridged together? Are 234 and 1234 added as contacts in your phonebook? In contact options, have you enabled "Match exactly" under Match caller ID's to a contact entry?

3. cadbrowne

Yes, they are bridged.
    The external (longer) extensions are added as contacts. The local (shorter) ones are not contacts, just extensions.
    The match is set at "match at least 6 characters". (So, why is it matching only 3?)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

5. cadbrowne

I had seen that one, but there didn't seem to be a resolution, and it was 2 years old.
    So, are you saying that I am just stuck with this issue on the 1XXX extensions?
    Or am I missing the solution?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.