Inbound Caller Id is not displayed on linksys SPA942

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael1973, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1973

Hi there, I have recently set up a customer using the latest version of the free edition of 3cx. They have four Linksys 942 phones and are using a Patton box to connect calls via and isdn line. The problem is that no caller id is displayed for incoming calls. How do I get around this?

Many thanks

Michael

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is caller ID displayed on other sets? If not, then I suggest looking at an incoming call log in the 3Cx logs. Does it show caller ID being passed from the Patton onto 3CX? If not, and the customer does in fact subscribe to the service, then it might be that the Patton is set to send the incoming call info before it has received the caller Id "burst". If you are in North America it need to wait until just before the second ring before alerting 3CX of the call (about 3 to 4 seconds).

Sorry, missed the ISDN part, never mind....., the above applies to PSTN gateway calls. You can still have a look in the log and see if caller ID is being passed, if not then it will probably be a setting in the Patton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.