Inbound Caller ID Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AaronB31, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronB31

Hi Everyone,

I have a 3CX Server hosted in the Google Cloud. We use Twilio as our provider. When an inbound call comes in from a customer, it only shows their phone number and not the name of the person or business. I have enabled the feature inside of Twilio but I am lost on how to get it to show up on our phones. We use the 3CX soft phone. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Unless someone else has the quick answer, you may need to use Wireshark to examine a capture of an incoming call. If possible, use a landline and call into the system while performing the capture. Once done, you can examine the capture to see which field Twilio is using to convey the information and from there you should be able to modify the inbound parameters on the trunk settings to get 3CX to correlate to the Cnam info and display same.

3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I think Ineblett and I suspect the same thing... in spite of your configuration changes, Twilio is not sending the Name. There is nothing you need to do in 3CX to make this happen, so more than likely Twilio is not sending the information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.