Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JustinCredible, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinCredible

hello,
    Our inbound Caller ID showing on our 3CX Windows phones, Yealinks and even Server Activity on the 3CX Management Console all show as "NAME :Inbound Rule Name" so if we got a call from a company who has their CNAM set to "CAPITAL TAXI" and the Inbound Rule Name that the call comes in on is called "Taxi123", we see on our phones "CAPITAL TAXI :Taxi123" instead of "CAPITAL TAXI :their phone number". It does show the number they called from on a second line, but I'd like to put the calling phone number in the top line where the Inbound Rule Name populates. Is there a way to change that?

The reason being that if you look through the history on the phone, you see the name and the inbound rule name, instead of name and number, until you go into the call detail - just one unnecessary step in my opinion since nobody really needs to know the inbound rule name.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the inbound rules. Services such as ring groups and queues have an option (tick box) to append the name to the caller ID. Inbound rules may be similar.

3. JustinCredible

Found it! It's under Global Options tab under General Settings, the option is "Add Queue, Group and DID names to Caller ID". Unchecked that and applied, and we're off! Awesome stuff. Only thing I could suggest is that you could still manually add it in by specifying you want to tack on the name in the Ring or Queue group settings. I checked and didn't see that option. But then, I've been chasing this one down for a couple days and must have missed this one several times :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.