• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisco Ferrao

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm having a problem at a client installation that I cannot figure out.

Using one SIP Trunk for two different DIDs and created two different inbound rules based on these DIDs, which will forward the calls to two different Call Queues. So far so good, and everything seems to be working fine.

The only problem is, when we get calls, the Caller ID shows the following: Queue name, DID being called, and finally the caller's number. Since for this installation we are using really simple Polycom 321 phones, we wished to have displayed ONLY the caller's number. I tried changing the inbound and/or outbound parameters, the best I could do was to have the caller's number showing as the caller ID, but this resulted in the call going directly to the destination for calls during office hours on the SIP trunk, I think due to the reformatting to show the caller ID, 3cx doesn't identify the DID, and ends up not forwarding the calls to the Call Queues.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Best regards,
Francisco.

DID and Caller ID are two different things and use different rules to direct calls. there may be an issue caused by where (what SIP field) the information is being sent by your provider, and/or, what rules, or what fields you have specified to use, in 3CX. I would start by examining the information coming in with each call, and by listing the provider, as others may have suggested settings.

Ok, maybe all the information in the previous message made it a bit confusing. So lon g story short I have two different DIDs on one SIP trunk and use two different call queues.

When calling, the caller ID shows as in the attached picture: First, in red, the call queue name, then in blue the DID being called, and last, in green the caller ID.

When called, the client wants ONLY the caller ID being displayed on their Polycom phones.

How and where can I change this? What I tried was on the SIP trunk change the
"CalledNum" number that has been dialed (default: To->user) field to Remote Party ID: Calling Party: User Part, when I do this, I see indeed the number of the caller, but it doesn't go through the Call Queue to which the +311076xxxxx number was assign to.

Thanks.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 174
part 1: Contact then Options
Set "Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID" to "DO NOT ADD"
This will remove the DID Name, Queue and Ring Group information.

part 2: As far as removing the caller name - is this caller name from the Providers database?
Trunk - Inbound - "CallerName" caller's name (default: From->display name) does allow "Nothing" that I can see... perhaps the Provider can disable Caller ID Name for incoming calls. You would likely be paying a small fee for this service per call - maybe like $0.001

How and where can I change this? What I tried was on the SIP trunk change the
"CalledNum" number that has been dialed (default: To->user) field to Remote Party ID: Calling Party: User Part, when I do this, I see indeed the number of the caller, but it doesn't go through the Call Queue to which the +311076xxxxx number was assign to.

It would seem that the changes you are making affect the call before it reaches the DID rules. The fact that the set is seeing the DID number makes me wonder if it is being included in the caller ID field, perhaps as a name? Normally, that is not the case and the dialled number, DID, is not visible (on a display) to the called party.

part 1: Contact then Options
Set "Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID" to "DO NOT ADD"
This will remove the DID Name, Queue and Ring Group information.

part 2: As far as removing the caller name - is this caller name from the Providers database?
Trunk - Inbound - "CallerName" caller's name (default: From->display name) does allow "Nothing" that I can see... perhaps the Provider can disable Caller ID Name for incoming calls. You would likely be paying a small fee for this service per call - maybe like $0.001

Hello all!

Craig's "part 1" solved my problem. In fact I saw this mentioned in other threads but were from previous versions of 3CX.

Took me a bit to find this because I've never used the Contacts tab before.

Thanks for the help!

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.