Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound Calling V15 routing to Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jacobojajati, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobojajati

Hello,

I'm new to the forum.

I just installed the 3cx Version15 and I'm very happy. I have a problem with inbound calls. My SIP provider is Vitelity, I have created the registration for INBOUND and OUTBOUND trunks and all parameters as the Vitelity requires. Outbound calling is ok and dial plan works as configured. Inbound calls ring once and then are routed directly to a voice prompt of a voicemail. The PBX is configured to ring a RING GROUP with RING ALL. FYI, My trunks are mexico DID's not us do not know if I need to purchase a US did as my main number to better configure the routes.

Any help would be appreciated

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It is likely a routing problem on the inbound and should not be tied to having a Mex or US DID.

You should compare the voice mail greet to that of 3CX by dialing an internal extension and letting the call go to VM so you know how the 3CX prompt sounds. This will then tell you if the caller is getting VM from 3CX or from Vitelity.

If Vitelity, then you should look at the DID configuration and insure that it is set correctly. You can do a wireshark capture and see if setting the DID format that Vitelity sent in 3CX resolves the issue. You can also use wildcards so to test, you may consider just putting in *XXXX where the XXXX is the last 4 digits of the DID. In this manner, the system will accept anything prior to the XXXX dueto the * wild card.

If 3CX, then see if perhaps office hours or some other inbound route is getting in the way. Check both the SIP trunk destination settings and the inbound rules.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could also check the 3CX log, to see what is happening to the call (is it even getting to 3CX?).

And...try dialling the code for the ring group, do all of the phones ring, or does the call go off to voicemail right away, a quick way to make sure that that RG configuration is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.