• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound calls and CTI not working for a remote Cisco SPA504G

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwebb

Reaction score
I've got a Cisco SPA504G at a remote home office. We can make outbound calls from it, and can call other extensions at the office, with no difficulty. Nobody can call to it though. The 3CX Phone for Windows doesn't seem to connect in CTI mode either.

One thing that I'm thinking may be an issue is that the user's home network looks like this:

<Internet>---<Vonage Router for home phone>---<linksys wireless router>---<switch>---<phone>

I'm wondering if the Vonage services uses the same port. What I found online is that it uses 5061, while the Cisco is set for 5060.

Re: Inbound calls and CTI not working for a remote Cisco SPA

It would not surprise me if the Vonage router was set to "deal" (port forward) with a few of the common SIP ports , 5060, 5061, 5062, etc. as it may be set to handle more than one Vonage line.
You might try changing the phones port number to something higher.

How would I configure the phone on a different port? Can I specify which port for the phone in the 3CX management console?

If the phone was auto provisioned, then you would most likely have to modify the existing provisioning file. The set would then have to download the modified file.

If the set was provisioned manually, and has a menu (GUI) that is accessible, then the port can probably be changed, and should remain that way.

Your diagram would seem to indicate the you have two routers, back to back (double NAT). That may also be causing a problem.
In some cases, if the modem is a stand alone unit, and your ISP allows you more than one public IP, you can attach a switch to the modem, then plug both routers into the switch. this would allow each to have a public IP. Plug the Cisco set into the non-Vonage router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.