• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

inbound calls dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane

Reaction score
I recently installed the new V3 and have got the system working very well...
Only I haven't been able to use it for a while because every external inbound call was dropped routinely after 30 seconds, now this was also happening with my phones connected directly my to voip provider, and others with the provider were experiencing the same problem. So i was satisfied it was a problem with the voip provider, and laid a complaint with their helpdesk. I today received an email from them saying the issue had been resolved, so i dialled in from pstn and the call was dropped after 30 seconds... so I wrote back saying that is was still a problem for me. But since then, I have check my phones again connected directly to the voip provider bypassing the 3cx pbx software and the problem is not occuring... but still occuring with the 3cx software. I have run this test multiple times...
internal inbound calls are OK. I'm confused, based on the tests I have explained above, it must be 3cx, mustn't it?

Shane,

Can you post the logs you see in the 3cx server?
VoIP provider you use
Phones and or phone types you use
Where possible network configuration, for example ata is connected to abc
What ATA you are using (if any).

Thanks, that will help with the trouble shooting.

Hi,
after exactly 30 seconds every inbound call is disconnected with server log:

"19:59:35.750 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp Call from Ln:10000@iTalk to 200 has been terminated "
(pretty normal looking to me)

voip provider = iTalk (New Zealand)
Phones: Grandstream Budgetone and Grandstream 486 ATA

Cable or ADSL?

The log shows clearly that your provider is still terminating the call. It sounds like the issue is not fixed by your VOIP provider....

Henk, ADSL.

Nick, I have tried over-and-over-and-over - connecting the phone(s) through 3cx and then directly to the iTalk server, and time-and-time-again calls are dropped only through the 3cx pbx after exactly 30 seconds, log record:
Call from Ln:10000@iTalk to 101 has been terminated

the only variable in my tests is 3cx, any other suggestions appreciated

Ah,

You have to to insert 20 cents after every 30 seconds, I beleive it goes into the CD drive.......

This sympthon I think relates to the registering of the SIP.

There is a setting in 3cx that is by default to 240 I believe, it is the time between registration attempts.

You mentioned that it only occurs when the calls run through 3cx, so I guess that is the place to start.

Your calls are they differntly routed eg is your 3cx box properly configure to connect the internet, do you have a firewall running on that box but have not configure the send/receive in the firewall?

It has something to do with the VSP not getting a proper ack on the sip registration and therefore disconnect. (this could be DTMF, silence or something like that).

Can you post the extended log file? I.e the other lines of the call as well?

thanks,
the following are two examples:

call answered by IVR (200), with no key response, forwarded to ring group 300, extensions not answered, call eventually dropped after 30 seconds, server log:
17:41:02.015 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp Call from Ln:10000@iTalk to 300 has been terminated
17:40:30.453 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected Established media channel for Ln:10000@iTalk: remote=xxx.xxx.xx.x:xxxxx; local=xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxxx
17:40:29.828 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Incoming call from Ln:10000@iTalk to sip:[email protected]:xxxx

call answered by IVR (200), caller enters "102" extension number, call forwarded to extension, ext answered, call dropped after 30 seconds.
server log:
17:33:20.703 StratLink::eek:nHangUp Call(C:2): got Hang-Up from Ln:10000@iTalk; reason: ???
17:33:15.562 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected Established media channel for Ext.102: remote=10.1.1.22:5004; local=10.1.1.11:7016
17:33:15.531 StratInOut::eek:nConnected Call from Ln:10000@iTalk to Ext.102 is established
17:32:59.937 ??: from 'SERVER:0/MediaServer':EP:00000015@ payload #13 doesn't correspond initial SDP datalen=1
17:32:59.312 ??: from 'SERVER:0/MediaServer':EP:00000015@ payload #13 doesn't correspond initial SDP datalen=1
17:32:59.078 ??: from 'SERVER:0/MediaServer':DTMF detection off on EP:00000015@
17:32:59.046 ??: from 'SERVER:0/MediaServer':EP:00000015@ payload #13 doesn't correspond initial SDP datalen=1
17:32:48.531 CallLegImpl::eek:nConnected Established media channel for Ln:10000@iTalk: remote=xxx.xxx.xx.x:xxxxx; local=xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxxx
17:32:48.437 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Incoming call from Ln:10000@iTalk to sip:[email protected]:xxxx

Hi shane,

Please, try to setup a softphne on the same PC where 3CX is, and set it to register at iTalk directly. Try to make a call to it and check if the call will be still dropped in 30 secs. I suspect there's routing problem that blocks our responses back to iTalk.

Archie,

Question for you:
Time between registration attemps (in seconds) in the provider confuration is that actually seconds or mil seconds.

Shane:
I agree with Archie, it could be a routing problem. It is about the registration, question now is do you make an inbound or outbound call?

I believe you need registration for inbound calls but not for outbound calls, by the looks at your log file you receive an inbount call?

Also it might be your DTMF configuration, this relates to the call progress tones. The phone/system might think that there is no call established and drops the call due to silence detection.

Try to increase or decrease that and see if there is a difference in time frame, if so we might be onto someting and have to increase or decrease a few settings here and there.

itfarmer said:
Archie,

Question for you:
Time between registration attemps (in seconds) in the provider confuration is that actually seconds or mil seconds.

It is in seconds, exactly as it stated :)

Ah i thought i was onto something but I am not :-(.

Shane,

Try to reduce the "time between registration attempts (in seconds)" to for example 240.

thank-you everybody,
I ran softphone on the computer that 3cx runs on, connected directly to iTalk, and called it.. It lasted 35 seconds then disconnected..
Then I ran the softphone on another PC within my network (connected directly to iTalk), same problem.
what does this mean? where does the problem lie? what can I do to resolve this? why does this happen on softphone (or 'voip software') and not on hardphones?

thank-you in advance to all the extremely talented people on this forum

extremely talented people on this forum
Ok step away from the booze or bong...... (Just kidding).

Ok the 35 seconds cut off has me going for a while now. I do not know exactly what and why it is, but it is VoIP registration related.

It happens more on cable connections than it is on adsl connections, it is not only limited to SoftPhones, IP phones can have this issue aswell.

By changing the re-registration frequency on your ata or soft phone to a lower number from 3600 to 240 the problem somethimes goes away.

It is in this case by the looks of it related to your VSP. Can you try another VSP and see what happens?

itfarmer said:
Ok step away from the booze or bong......
:)

ok, I changed the re-registration frequency in both the phone and in 3cx to no avail.

I have contacted iTalk about the softphone problem but they can't replicate the issue on their end.

can you suggest a free vsp that allows incoming calls that I can try?

alright, heres an update...

any inbound call into 3cx or softphone from iTalk (my voip provider) disconnects after 30/35 or so seconds (hardphones ok).

I setup a free inbound BBPGlobal account, which works flawlessly with 3cx/softphone/hardphone, so I have taken this up with iTalk and they are working to resolve the problem (my faith is not strong..)

accepting that this problem is definately a vsp issue and not 3cx, perhaps because of some kind of SIP registration or confirmation ping or something.. and as my hardphones work ok -- one may assume they [the hardphones] don't request/require this re-registration request/confirmation? And is it therefore possible to configure 3cx in such a way as to not require this registration either (to operate like the hardphones, as a workaround so I can use the system in the meantime while my vsp figures out what is going on) ?

Thank everybody for their help.
P.S. you guys at 3cx have done a brilliant job building this excellent IP PBX software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.