Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

inbound calls fail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dan wayne, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan wayne

So I have green lights on the SIP trunk and I can make outbound calls no problem. Firewall is open on ports 5060 and 9000-9500 and came up greens lights on the firewall checker. What am I missing? I've run freepbx and elastix servers no problem so this isn't my first rodeo.

Dan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity logs to see if there is a sign of one of the calls. If 3CX is receiving it, then the log should show what is happening to it.

3. Dan wayne

It doesnt appear so..is there a verbosity log I can watch real time while I make test calls in 3CX?

4. deanril@yahoo.com

Vitelity is my Voip provider they have me open 10,000-20,000 as well.

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

That's because they don't know any better. Default RTP range for many Asterisk deployments is 10000-20000. 3CX is 9000-9500. But either way it's not an audio issue at this point as the SIP traffic doesn't appear to be hitting the PBX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

I would check that your port forwarding rules are pointing to the right internal destination. Also, you don't mention if you are registration or IP based authentication. But it sounds like calls aren't even hitting the PBX which would indicate either a firewall issue or routing/trunk config issue on the provider side.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.