inbound calls from Asterisk Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by npereira, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npereira

Hi,

I have an asterisk server which i put the extension 2347 in the dialplan which sends the any calls to the 3CX server.
    The SIP messages shows that the calls are sent to 3CX, although, the 3cx does not make the phone 2347 which is registered on it, ring.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How do you have the two configured? A trunk from 3CX registering to a line on the Asterisk? Or vice versa? What does the 3CX log show?

3. npereira

That's my problem.

I'm not sure how the 3CX must be configured to interface with asterisk.

In asterisk, here is the peer context configuration (note, i'm not using freepbx, this is all done in sip.conf):

[3cx-context]
    type=friend
    secret=<password>
    username=10000
    fromuser=10000
    insecure=invite
    fromdomain=<ip_of_3cx>
    host=<ip_of_3cx>
    port=5060
    context=from_3cx_context
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    canreinvite=no
    nat=never
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    allow=alaw
    allow=g729
    qualify=yes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are three possible configurations, but I'm not sure if the first one will work.

Bridged mode, a trunk bridge between both PBX's. This may only work between two 3CX PBX's. I'm not sure if there is some proprietary "handshaking" involved.

Have a 3CX trunk register to an Asterisk extension as if the Asterisk PBX were a SIP provider. You dial the extension number in Asterisk and it rings in on the 3CX trunk, you direct the call to a 3CX extension/ring group.

Have Asterisk register to a 3CX extension, as if 3CX were a SIP provider. You dial a number on Asterisk, dialplan routes it out on trunk to 3CX, 3CX is set-up to use number sent as a DID. (this is probably the one you want to go for if you intend on sending calls more than one number)

Use one of the the g711 codecs.

I don't use Asterisk, so I can't help you with any of it's settings.

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This might help
    http://www.888voip.com/using-trixbox-ce-as-a-sip-gateway/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.