• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

inbound calls from Asterisk Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

npereira

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an asterisk server which i put the extension 2347 in the dialplan which sends the any calls to the 3CX server.
The SIP messages shows that the calls are sent to 3CX, although, the 3cx does not make the phone 2347 which is registered on it, ring.

How do you have the two configured? A trunk from 3CX registering to a line on the Asterisk? Or vice versa? What does the 3CX log show?

That's my problem.

I'm not sure how the 3CX must be configured to interface with asterisk.

In asterisk, here is the peer context configuration (note, i'm not using freepbx, this is all done in sip.conf):

[3cx-context]
type=friend
secret=<password>
username=10000
fromuser=10000
insecure=invite
fromdomain=<ip_of_3cx>
host=<ip_of_3cx>
port=5060
context=from_3cx_context
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
nat=never
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
qualify=yes

There are three possible configurations, but I'm not sure if the first one will work.

Bridged mode, a trunk bridge between both PBX's. This may only work between two 3CX PBX's. I'm not sure if there is some proprietary "handshaking" involved.

Have a 3CX trunk register to an Asterisk extension as if the Asterisk PBX were a SIP provider. You dial the extension number in Asterisk and it rings in on the 3CX trunk, you direct the call to a 3CX extension/ring group.

Have Asterisk register to a 3CX extension, as if 3CX were a SIP provider. You dial a number on Asterisk, dialplan routes it out on trunk to 3CX, 3CX is set-up to use number sent as a DID. (this is probably the one you want to go for if you intend on sending calls more than one number)

Use one of the the g711 codecs.

I don't use Asterisk, so I can't help you with any of it's settings.

This might help
http://www.888voip.com/using-trixbox-ce-as-a-sip-gateway/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.