Inbound calls from SIPSorcery or Gizmo5 not ringing

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Matty, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matty

I can't seem to get the softphone to ring not sure what is wrong but have listed all my settings config i can think of below.

I have tried Gizmon5 sip and SIPSorecry setup to try and get it to ring. but both failed to work. I have tested these on Nimbuzz and fring both work fine.

The details all go in fine and register fine, i am also able to make outbound calls from the sip successfully but no calls ring for inbound.

I have tried all the interfaces for network, (local ip, network ip, and wan ip) but no change. (not sure what that does anyway but thought id fiddle)

I also changed the setting for TCP and UPD.. because i had some problems with games over my router using UPD..and port forwarding... but i don't know if this will be the cause.

OS is Windows 7 64bit

Finally, debug of the connecting log.

<21:47:18> Attempting to connect sipsorcery.com
    <21:47:18> Using network interface 127.0.0.1
    <21:47:18> Phone got as local port 64462
    <21:47:18> Integration with 3CX Call Assistant is ON
    <21:47:18> RTP engine OK
    <21:47:18> SIP engine OK
    <21:47:18> Sound mic device OK []
    <21:47:18> Sound ring device OK [{61887C3B-02DD-4FCA-A1EB-EC7575EF54D7}]
    <21:47:18> Sound play device OK []
    <21:47:18> Phone is sending STUN request
    <21:47:23> Phone is no longer connected
    <21:47:29> Phone online status is now 'Available'
    <21:47:29> Phone is now connected

2. carolinainnovative

When you say you switched it to TCP, you mean the SIP transport mode under advanced settings?

3. Matty

Yeh, I just changed it to see if it made any differance. I've also tried differnet ports in advanced settings also. nothing seems to want to work. I just tried messing with basically everything.:/

4. carolinainnovative

Ok answer me this - when someone calls in, does it ring on their end at all or go straight to voicemail or give some error indicating that the client isn't registered?

The next step is to run wireshark on your machine and capture the packets between you and Gizmo. Once you have that, see if you can post an abbreviated version of it on here - like show the SIP requests back and forth, etc

While we're at it - what kind of router/firewall are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.