• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound calls left ringing, no answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPElectron

Reaction score
Today, without notice or reason 3CX decided to let incoming calls ringing in on our Patton 4114 devices - just kept ringing - no answer - all 8 lines.

Is there a reason? What would I look for?

The 3CX server, Cisco switch, firewall (network default gateway) and Patton boxes are all UPS protected and have always been on. You could see the LED's blinking on the patton's and I could listen in on a butt set - so it's not a line connection problem. A restart of the 3CX services (via the management website) resolved the problem. All 3CX services were running.

We already use ipMonitor to check and restart any service that stops, problem is they all appeared ok. Is there any other keep-alive or check I can do? How about some watchdog type process?

If I switch all these POTS lines to a VoIP provider, am I going to be any happier by A) not having this problem and B) not having any echo problems at the begining of calls?

When you say they were ringing, do you mean the sets were ringing but not going to voicemail? Or, do you mean the caller just heard ringback but the sets never rang? Before you re-booted, did you look at the staus of all the 3CX services to see if they were all running?

All services were still running prior to me restarting them.

By ringing, I meant the POTS lines were ringing into the Patton, and the Patton wasn't picking them up (just kept ringing, never went to digital receptionist)

Normally, the Patton picks up after the first ring, and the call goes to either day or night digital receptionist.

Around this same time, nobody could dial 999 to get to the voicemail system - I had one user say she got a busy signal.

JP

Did you happen to look at the system log to see if there had been any activity for a while. Did the log show the calls attempting to connect from the Patton? Is there anything else running on the PC that runs 3CX that could be causing the system to go into a "coma", even anti-virus programmes?. Did this start happening all of a sudden? Were things working correctly for a long stretch in the past? Were any changes made to any software on the PC?

I did not look at the log, I was told hours after it happened and an associate of mine had already restarted the services. The log is not saved anywhere right? after a while it just writes over itself?

There is nothing else on the PC, this is a dedicated Windows 2003 Standard on HP Proliant DL server. All power management/hibernate/sleep is disabled. McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7i is installed, but all 3CX and IIS folders are excluded, no firewall or access protection rules are enabled.

The server has been up for ~ 26 days prior to this happening, as of today the server has been up 27 day(s), 23 hour(s), 43 minute(s), 35 second(s)
The only/last thing changed, prior to the last reboot 27 days ago, was a backup of 3CX, install the latest version, then restore.
This is the first time this has happened.

I should note, I still have the following concern about they way the Patton boxes seem to work...
http://www.3cx.com/forums/extensions-duplicated-using-patton-10684.html

So, all of this began just after the install of the latest version? When/if it happens again, look at the system logs before re-booting. See if they just stop, dead, at a certain point, or show other activity but just seem to ignore the Patton. It they just stop, what was the last log? As a last resort, you may want to try a re-install. Did you try just re-booting the Patton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.