Inbound calls not working with Linksys 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dnice, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnice

Hi all.

I've just taken delivery of a linksys 3102.
    I am havign difficuty making inbound calls to the 3CX system. I have set the device up using provisioning and something very strange happens with the inbound call.
    When calling in from a mobile to the 3102, the phones already connected to the 3CX system all ring (PAP2T and 3CX softphone - also tried with just softphone), however I am unable to pick up the call. The When I pick up on the PAP2T, the ringining on the softphone does not stop and the PAP2T ends up giving me a dial tone. WHen picking up on the softphone, the softphone still keeps ringing as well. At no point does the call from my mobile get answered.
    Having had a hunt around, I have modified some of the settings to supposedly UK standards, however this has been mixed from the 3CX server brifly seeing the call then dropping it to the 3CX server not even seeing the call. I have also factory reset the unit and started again.
    There is no Internet or firewall between the 3102 and the 3cx server. The 3102 is configured on port 5062 (i have also tried 5064). After spending most of today trying to get this to work I am no further than I was when I took it out of the box.
    Has anyone seen this or does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this issue?
    I have no caller ID on the line although I do not believe that this should matter.

Many thanks

Dave

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Try this for the linksys 3102.

1. Go to the Management Console > PSTN Gateways > LInkSys 3102.
    2. Go to Advanced tab.
    3. And set "PBX Delivers Audio" to on.

Try again and advise the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dnice

Thanks for the suggestion, alas this did nothing.
    The issue is that I cannot answer the call. It rings my VOIP client, however answering still leaves it ringing and it never actually picks up the call. My mobile phone is still just has a the ringing.
    It is almost like the 3cx system does not tell the 3102 to pick up the call or that the 3102 does not know that the 3cx has answerded it.

Dave

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You've double checked that the IP and port number that you datafilled in 3Cx for the trunk is the same as used by the PSTN portion of the 3102? Did you change the port number in the 3102 to 5062? The default is 5061 for the PSTN side, so unless you put 5061 in the 3CX datafill you will have to change it to match. I don't know why 3CX "recommends" using port 5062 when the 3102 default is different . It causes grief unless people pay attention and have some idea as to what they are doing.

5. dnice

The port number is 5062 on both sides. I have also tried using port 5064 (5061 and 5063 are being used by my pap2t) on both sides as well and this made no difference.
    I will see if I can build a fresh instance on VM tomorrow of the 3CX server, factory the 3102 and see if I can get just these 2 to work with the soft phone so as to eliminate all other possible issues. If that works I'll just migrate my existing system to the VM instance instead.
    Having looked through the forum and google I cannot see anything similar to what I am seeing. Most issues seem to be with the call not being seen by the 3cx. On mine the 3xc just won't pick it up even though it sees it.

Dave

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You only have to worry about the same port being re-used on the same IP. Every device on your network can use port 5060 as long as they each have their own IP. If you have two devices in one "box", like a two line ATA, the each line on that "box" (single IP) has to have a unique port. On the 3102 the Line and the PSTN ports have to be unique, usually 5060 and 5061 respectively. Because the PSTN port gets put in 3CX (trunk datafill) along with the IP of the 3102, they have to match, otherwise 3Cx won't sent a message back to the 3102, which is what sounds like is happening. Are you able to make outgoing calls at all?

Post a 3CX log from when the call is first presented to 3CX from the 3102, through where you pick up an extension and then drop the incoming call.

7. dnice

After almost giving up, I have made a bit of a breakthrough. I can get incoming calls, although voice is only one way at the moment (not a problem can probably eventually work it out).
    What I had to do was to chnage the Line-In-Use voltage on the 3102 to 51.
    Does anyone have UK specific settings (BT line) for International control and PSTN disconnection detection? I guess I would also need the regional stuff, but I have managed to find a lot of that already.
    Outbound calls are not working at the moment. I keep gettign server failure in the logs with a 503 error service unavailable for the 3102 device. I am sure that this will resolve itself once the incoming is working properly.

Dave

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Odd, as both 3CX and the 3102 should be on the same LAN so port blocking shouldn't be an issue.

This site has info specific to the UK, a lot depends on which provider you are using, BT or ?? http://www.aoakley.com/articles/2008-01-08.php

It shouldn't be set that high. Line in Use Voltage is the (lower) Voltage that is present when another set on the line is off hook. This prevents the 3102 from seizing a line that is already in use. If you go off hook with another phone directly on the phone line and then refresh the status page of the 3102, it will show the current voltage that it measures. You want to set the Line In Use Voltage a volt two two above this. So if On-Hook voltage is 48 to 52 (normally) and off-hook voltage is , say, 10 volts. You want the 3102 to NOT attempt an outgoing call if the voltage is 12 volts or below as someone else is using the phone line

9. dnice

I finally have it almost working!
    Looks like the issue was down to the voltage. It is now set at 17.
    I now have inbound and outbound calls although I had to cut my testing short. With inbound and outbounbd calls audio was only one way (to voip client), but this could be for a numbe rof reasons, the most lilely being that I may need to tweak the voip client setting to use the correct mic input (d'oh!).

Thnaks a lot for all the assistance. a few tweaks over the easter weekend and it should be running perfectly.

Dave

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Once you get things working properly, save the pages in your browser. Print them out, highlight what you changed from the defaults and then you have a reference point to go back to if you end up "tweaking" settings in the future. You will probably end up changing things to deal with echo or customizing a dialplan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.