• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound calls not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

richecker

Reaction score
I get a busy signal when trying to call in. Outbound calls work fine. Now I am set up behind a sonicwall pro 200 firewall and I am wondering if it is a NAT related problem. All the ports are set to be open but I am wondering if it is the static route problem. Is anyone familiar with this sonicwall? What else can I check?

Have you set which extension you want the call going to.

you'll get a busy sound if you have the incoming calls set to an extension which is not registered (i.e. online). You can change the incoming call preference in the voip provider area.

Yes they are routed to a particular extension.

Ok and the extension is showing as available?

Have you got the client/phone set in DND mode, since that will created a busy signal.

The other way you could try is creating a ring group put that extension in it and see if that helps?

Also can you show a log of the server and what its doing when you make a call.

what kind of user do you have?? i recommend you to try with the 3CX Voip Phone.

I am trying with the Grandstream 2000 phone. I would have enclosed the log but it is useless since it is not showing anything when I try calling the number. The extension is registerred.

What about the server log, is there anything in there - it should state what its doing with the line.

Well I think the problem is that the server is not even seeing the incoming request hence it is not doing anything. I watched the last few minutes of the log file and it is not making any new entries

Our PSTN line works fine just not the voip line... On an unrelated question, I have a PSTN line and it works fine for both incoming and outgoing but is there anyway to have it automatically forward to the voip line rather than having to wait for one ring. I am using a handytone for the interaction between the 2.

Ah ok, atleast now your getting somewhere to fixing the problem. Just load the software onto any box, and you'll be fine. But if you do just let us know and we will help to solve it.
On the other hand if you still want to give VM a go, do a quick search for it and you should find a load of posts about it, and how solve issues.

With regards to your PSTN line - what you can do (which doesnt involve the handytone is call up your provider and ask them to forward all calls to your voip line). But when it comes to handytone, you'll have to wait for someone else to reply, since dont know anything about that particular unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.