• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound Calls Only Ringing once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Rasmus

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello anyone that can help me,

2 or 3 of my customers are experiencing this same issue.
On inbound calls the phone will only ring once the jump to the next step in the call flow whether it is voicemail or another extension.
This issue only happens on Monday, by Tuesday it has resolved itself somehow.
This is defiantly a pattern as this is the 3rd Monday this has happened on.
All 3 customers are running on Linux Debian 9.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue that cant help me rectify this issue?

Kind Regards
Michael

The Activity Log should show why the phone doesn't continue ringing.

How do the calls flow? DID, Ring group, queue?

If you call the extension directly, from another extension when this seems to be happening, does it only ring the once?

Do you have any sort of office-hour rules that coincide with this?

Does this happen across various types/makes of sets, or just one type?

Were there any (firmware, upgrades) changes made, to anything, just before this began?

Thanks for the quick reply,

Q) How do the calls flow? DID, Ring group, queue?
A) All 3 customers have a different call flow setup.
C1: call inbound calls go to a ring group then if no answer to voicemail
C2: All calls go to an IVR then to an ring group, then if no answer voicemail
C3: All calls go directly to an extension, if no answer it then goes to another extension, if still no answer it goes to a queue then voicemail

Q) If you call the extension directly, from another extension when this seems to be happening, does it only ring the once?
A) Yes.

Q) Do you have any sort of office-hour rules that coincide with this?
A) Yes there is office hours set up for 2 of the customers and not the 3rd but this issue happens during business hours. The 3rd customer doesn't have any office hours set up as they work all the time pretty much.

Q) Does this happen across various types of sets, or just one type?
A) What do you mean by sets and type?

Q) Were there any changes made, to anything, just before this began?
A) Not that i can think of, possible updates. All these customers are on Debian 9 but they were not all put on Debian 9 at the same time.

I have a feeling that this is something to do with Debian 9 as no one on Debian 8 is getting this issue.
Also all these tenancies are on our cloud hosted server.

Kind Regards
Michael

I am getting this in the pcap i took this morning on all customers tenancies.
For some reason it is getting cancelled??

Attachments

• Request Terminated.JPG
    Request Terminated.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 27
Do all costumers have the same Voip provider? As far as i can see from the screenshot the Cancel message comes from port 18060 which i assume is the provider. Prior to that that the PBX correctly sends ringing.

Do all costumers have the same Voip provider? As far as i can see from the screenshot the Cancel message comes from port 18060 which i assume is the provider. Prior to that that the PBX correctly sends ringing.
Port 18060 is the pbx.
We changed from the default pet for security reasons.
The sip trunk still uses 5060 but the sip port on the pbx is 18060.

And yes it is the same voip provider across all pbxs.

I did create a ticket with 3cx and got a reply saying:
"From the files you have send us we see that there is time drift in your machine, thus please install an ntp into the machine itself and let us know if the issue persists"
All machines have the same time as the server so I'm not sure what this time drift means.
I also stated that this issue is only happening on debian 9 and not on debian 8 and it also only happens on Monday and figures itself Tuesday.
We have quite a few customers on or cloud hosted server using the same firewall and router. Each vm on the server has its own public ip so if it was a time issue it would be affecting all the vms instead of just the ones running debian 9 as they were created exactly the same way.

I have rolled back on of my customers back to debian 8 and that worked.
I am going to be rolling back all clusters to debian 8 as debian 9 is clearly not working correctly.

Can you please explain how this issue could be a time drift issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.