Inbound calls with RING Group, not all phones ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by d.molenkamp, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.molenkamp

Hello,

We have 3CX Phone System 11 with latest service packs and updates.
    We have 1 SIP Provider (Breezz) with 1 number.

We have configured the trunk to go to a RING Group.
    The problem is that soms calls ring on all the phones, some calls rings on 1 Phone and sometimes the call doesn't even arrive on our PBX.

We have been using SNOM One Blue in the past without any problems.
    The phones we are using are SNOM's, the models are SNOM 300, SNOM 320 and SNOM 720.
    All the phones have the firmware version 8.7.3.15.

I cannot find any solutions from the LOG files, could you please help me out.

Thanks!
    Danny ( The Netherlands )

2. mic.max

Can you post details of your 3cx configuration?

Are all phone in provisiong with 3cx?

You've open port in your firewall?

bye.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

First depends on the ring group's call strategy.. assuming a Ring All is your effect here.

Second, depends on the extension's status. If not Available (or Available 2..), it will not ring.
    Third, depends on the extension's phone registration(s).. and their status(es.. sounds wrong.. stati?).

If not registered.. of course nothing will ring. ;)
    If registered but the phone is not idle.. will not ring.
    If two phones registered to the same extension but one is busy on a call.. won't ring the other.

There are options to have an extension take more than one call at a time and ignore the phone status.. which may need to be leveraged for your intended effect of "forcing the ring" to the phones regardless of their state or even the extension status. The side-effect will be that those phones will "always" ring.. even when the desk is unmanned and the extension is Out of Office, etc.

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I'd double check your trunks, and inbound rules to assure all trunks and numbers are pointed to digital reveptionist as needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

And the logs. If the trunk is routing the call.. you will see that INVITE from the trunk, regardless of the final disposition of that call.

Meaning, if your 3CX isn't properly configured to "accept" the call, you'll still see the INVITE from the trunk in the log.. along with other stuff about the call not being recognized.

If there is nothing in the 3CX log.. either the firewall/router/network isn't routing inbound SIP, or the call isn't making it from the trunk. Contact the trunk provider to troubleshoot.. has happened on occasion to me. Usually, though.. it's "my fault". :)

6. d.molenkamp

Hi Guys,

I found the problem, the problem was the timeout between registrations on the SNOM Phones.
    I changed the time between registrations from 3600 seconds to 60.

No all phones work like they should! :D

Thanks for the input!

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Danny,

Could you please specify model and firmware version of your SNOM phones?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. d.molenkamp

Hi,

We work with the 8.7.3.15 firmware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.