Inbound CID prefix

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matthijsolislagers, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Is it possible to add a leading 0 to a inbound CID?

When someone has a missed call on his phone and calls back it doesn't work. This is becouse the 0 for outside line isn't in the CID.

Perhaps it can be done in the SmartNode I am using??

Otherwise it is a good feature request I think..

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

If you using Patton Smartnode. Please try folloing steps:
    1. Login your smartnode via web
    2. click Call-Router
    3. click configuration tab
    4. at "E.164 Number Prefixes" enable "National Prefix" and put 0 as prefix.

or
    at Patton config file add command highlighted in red as below then import again

context cs switch
    digit-collection timeout 4
    national-prefix 0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. matthijsolislagers

4. aguilar

aguilar New Member

Hello
    wich Patton model are you using?

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. matthijsolislagers

SmartNode 4554

6. Diego

Hi everybody!
    Sorry for resuming this thread, but I still have this problem and it's driving me crazy!
    I would like to add the prefix to the CID for the incoming calls for the same reasons explaned by matthijsolislagers.
    Unfortunately I don't have any PATTON gateway since I use just a VOIP provider.
    Do you know if there are any settings that I can perfom directly on the 3CX configuration for solving this problem?

7. Killerdaug

Yes, I second and third this request. Everyone here at my office CONTINUOUSLY asks me for this feature. And this is driving ME crazy. Most of everyone here wants to use the "missed calls" directory in our phones to quickly redial customers. This is not possible if the trunk prefix has not been added to the CID.

As it stands today you have to edit each missed call entry and manually put the prefix in yourself each time, which is a major pain. And not all phones actually support editing missed call entries, I might add, which means the old pen and paper is needed, in order to redial missed numbers.

If the PBX is using multiple trunks, it should of course add the same trunk prefix to the CID as the incoming call originated from.

Thanks!!

8. cyberspot

Hi

First i tried the solution that 5qg4 suggested both ways and it didn t work for me
    I checked the configuration in patton and it seems ok . I am testing in 4554 firmware version 4.2.

I think i found a solution that perhaps will work with sip trunks also in most cases. In my country local numbers are
    always 10 digits if this is your case also you can make a outbound call that it detects the length of the numbers
    and if it is 10 just forward to gateway don t strip anything.
    For international call check if it starts with 00 and 001 and do the same thing also forward the call without strip
    anything. I know that is not accurate for all countries but it works for 95% of missed calls.

Thanks

9. Dialsun

Hello,

You can always edit the dial plan to make the 10 digit call automatically adding the dialout code.

Works for us

Kevin
    Dialsun

10. coelhopsi

Indeed... instead of editing the non-existing inbound CID prefix, a possible solution would be trying to adapt the existing Outbound Rules so they are consistent with the Caller ID format that is sent by the provider. However, this is only a workaround. I would also like to have a feature on which the caller ID could be changed directly on the 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.