• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound CID Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick101

Reaction score
I am new to 3CX and testing it for an home automation and integration project for a few clients.

Currently using the Linux version with an SPA3102 PSTN gateway as a single generic gateway.

Inbound and outbound calls are working. I have setup an IVR which is also working.

However, I am not able to get the CID inbound rule to work.
I have setup 2 CID rules to test. Routed directly to some extension therefore bypassing the IVR.
I looked at the activity logs and it doesn't seem to be matching up any rules.

So, you are, or are not, actually seeing caller ID on incoming calls?

If not...

As long as you have confirmed that the CID option is on the line, and, if you are located in North America, where Bellcore type CID is used, then the problem is most likely that the 3102 is passing on the call to 3CX too soon.

Bellcore type caller ID is sent between the first and second ring, so you can't send the call off to 3CX before the information is collected. Under PSTN-to-VoIp gateway Setup confirm that PSTN CID For VoIP CID is set to "Yes", that is the default. PSTN Answer Delay should be 3 (seconds) or longer. I've found 3 to be the minimum that works for me, but you may have to increase that until it works, depending on the particular central office switch to which you are attached.

I believe that I am getting the CID since I look in the 3CX Call Logs and see the incoming calls with Name and Number.

Are you perhaps confusing CID with DID?

I pretty positive that I am working with CID.

I don't have any DID aside from the main number on the PSTN line.

I wanted to test calls coming from Cell (ex:5145552134) to bypass the IVR and go directly to extension 1978.
All other call would have to get the IVR.

Unless things have changed recently (like in version 15), the only way I'm aware of to route calls based on caller ID was through an extension. You could create a "dummy" extension, route all inbound calls to that, then use the CID routing features available.

I am using V15. I haven't used any versions before as this is my first run with 3CX.
There is a specific Inbound Rules section where you define DID and CID..
You can still configure DID at the extension level as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.