inbound DID to remote bridged 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by npereira, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npereira

Hello all,

seems like 3CX support is reluctant in helping us out on the simple fact that the call sender (inbound DID call) is a Asterisk system.

Here is what we are trying to do:

We have 5 Remote 3CX Slave Bridge system tied to 1 Master bridge (all using tunnel TCP)
    Dialing plan:
    3CX-OTD = 3xxx (main extension is 3000)
    3CX-AUR= 2xxx
    3CX-SSM = 50xx
    3CX-ALB = 52xx
    3CX-DAN = 49xx
    3CX-GLA = 60xx and 61xx

The master Bridge is setup with a Generic SIP Trunk to Asterisk. Inbound calls coming in from this VOIP Provider have 6 digits and basically require to be routed based on the dialing plan above.

Example;

old user on asterisk dials 2347 (2346 is the other test extension which also doesnt work.), Asterisk sends call to 3CX-OTD (Master) and appends 22 in front making the DID (Request URI) look like 222347. All 2xxx extensions are located on 3CX-AUR, at least the ones that have been migrated (just 2 for now [2347 and 2346] as this is not working).

I need to get the master to route the calls based on the 222xxx to the 3CX-AUR, but it wont do it, it sends all calls to 3000 the default 3CX-OTD extension.

I simply want to route the calls inbound from the VOIP Provider to the proper 3CX slave.

They wont help stating that the interface system is asterisk and they wont help because of that. Yet, if i ask how is it done if the inbound call comes from a voip provider or gateway, they wont say. I don't see the difference here. just route the call to the 3CX based on the leading digit !?!

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jasit

jasit New Member

I think the easiest way to achieve this is create a extention that the did connects to, and then forward that extention to a virtual extension which is an outbound rule.

so did goes to extension 2144.

2144 is forward to an outside number 3144
    outbound rule
    starts with 3 and is 4 digits long is set to use a particular gateway.

try that

jasit

I did something similar when I wanted to use the asterisk voicemail to email feature.

3. npereira

This would ne extreamly cumbersom as i have over 400 extensions un the 2xxx range un 3cx-aur

Im making progress but thé setup and interoperbility with asterisk requises a lot of coding on it. Need to play with thé routing on 3cx also.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.