Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound Fax Using Voip Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by johnboy25, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy25

Hi,

Does anyone have a working config for the 3cx to recieve inbound faxes using a voip provider. I am using voip-unlimited who support t38. I have no problems making or recieveing calls.

When I send the fax I can see the call coming trough and I can hear the fax machine start to transmit, but it stops after about a second.

There is nothing in the 3cx server log to say that the fax failed; But the sending fax machine says that the transmission failed, and I do not recieve an email with any attached fax.

If I call the fax from a normal phone i can hear the fax machine at the other end.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

2. willow

willow Member

I wondedr if setting the extension up in 3cx to allow the PBX to deliver the audio would help out. Faxing can be a real pain. I am assuming the fax machine is on an ata and it will also need to support t38 for it to work. also some older faxes do not handle FoIP at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. johnboy25

Hi,

The extension is already set for the pbx to deliver audio.

There is no physical fax machine recieveing the fax. It is the 3cx syste, which is acting as the fax machine.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Jon

4. _-XPERT-_

HI,

I had a older fax running on a Linksys 3102 but for some reason it stopt working.
    Faxex where going in and out but not to all fax machines i also had to disable ECM module in the fax.
    I got th esame issue if i dial the fax then i get one seconde fax sound and then it is cut off.
    I replaced the Linksys by an older grandstream HT386 and got outgoing faxes running but not incomming faxes.
    Somehow it seems like something changed but when i restore a older backup it still is nog running.
    I hope to find an answer here.

Anyone else got it good running in and out and whit wich box did ya do it?

_
    Greetings Henry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.