inbound parameters - reformat incoming caller number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by prinzerkan, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prinzerkan

Hi,

I want to reformat the incoming caller number which is shown on the called phone. Instead of the caller number the called number should be shown. I tried to achieve this by changing the field "From: User part" to "Outbound Caller ID taken from Extension settings..." via the "inbound parameter" options under voip provider. But changing that field doesn't change anything. (If I compare the generated log entries I don't see any difference.)

setup I use:
    3cx Smartphone
    Sipgate.co.uk as VoIP Provider
    Skype as a caller

No matter what I change under inbound parameter the 3cx softphone always shows "Anonymous" as caller ID.

I hope you can help me with that :)

Thanks and regards

Andi

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If the inbound call hits a queue it should show the name first
    Also if the number is in the did list it has a name.

I am not at my server at the moment but there are options under setup on prepend or append the called queue/did to the inbound number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. prinzerkan

So I would have to create a ring group for each VoIP-Provider and activate the option "Add Queque, Group and DID Names to Caller ID".

Do mobil phones support this and show the group name or does that only work with VoIP phones?

(I can't test it by myself because I didn't buy 3CX yet as this feature is critical for us.)

Hope you can help me once more.

Thanks

Andi

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

Yes, no problem with that, tested on 3cx softphone for windows and mobile phones...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.