Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound problems spa 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by theyelllowdart, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theyelllowdart

From 3cx; it reports the status of the pstn (spa 3102) as registered.
    PSTN Lines
    10000 Line No: 1410846xxxx

From spa 3102; it reports the connection to 3cx as registered
    STN Line Status
    Hook State: On Line Voltage: 0 (V)
    Loop Current: 0.0 (mA) Registration State: Registered
    Last Registration At: 7/15/2008 20:00:08 Next Registration In: 10 s
    Last Called VoIP Number: Last Called PSTN Number:
    Last VoIP Caller: Last PSTN Caller: ,
    Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: PSTN Activity Timer: 30000 (ms)
    Mapped SIP Port: Call Type:

However, an inbound call to my house never gets routed to 3cx. I'm probably missing something inane.
    Thanks for anyones help,
    Aaron
    - oh and i've tried 5060 and 5061 for the sip port. I followed the guide diligently but it seems that he had an older firmware than me.

2. Henk

Henk Member

Isn't that what you want????

Confused what is not working the way you expect it to work?

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. theyelllowdart

I guess I'm just really confused. I thought that an incoming call, after so many seconds would be transfered to the ptsn, which would be the 3cx server. But, i guess that is completely wrong. Is the ptsn analog? Therefore ptsn wouldn't be the 3cx server?

I simply want all phone calls that go to my house to be transfered to the 3cx server. Could some one explain how to do this.

I have a spa 3102 and subscription to ViaTalk.

Sorry for being a complete noob.

4. theyelllowdart

i thought it would be spa > -ptsn > 3cx > ext:
    The difficulty I'm having lies in the area of the spa receiving a phone call on line 1(from viaTalk) and then somehow transferring that to the 3cx sever. My original thinking was that is used ptsn to do that but I guess that is completely wrong.

I can receive phone calls on the line. So I guess the spa is good.

Yep. I uploaded a screenshot

I've tried both a digital receptionist and extension.

No it never goes yellow. The "sever status" logs show nothing regarding a phone call. The only it shows is the stun being occasionally updating.

Yes.

Could someone explain how a call on line 1(on the spa, straight from Voip line) gets routed to 3cx.
    Is the use of the a ptsn line a completely wrong way of achieving this? I guess I should bypass the spa and hook the 3cx directly onto the VOIP line, by adding the voip line in 3cx. <- I guess that makes sense.

5. Stuck101

Hey Yellow,

Isn't "ViaTalk" a VOIP provider, I believe they are! If that is true, then you need to setup this VOIP line up directly within 3CX! Then 3CX will pickup the inbound calls & direct them to your digital recptnst, or extension, whichever you prefer. 8)

6. theyelllowdart

wow im retarded thanks.

7. Stuck101

Hey, I certainly wouldn't go that far ! :lol:

However, no doubt you were making it way more difficult than it is supposed to be! 8)

Hang in there! 8)

8. Stuck101

Yellow,

Keep in mind that an SPA-3102 is a Gateway Device of which it's purpose is to connect analog (old fashioned Bell, Verizon, Embarq, etc) phone lines to your 3CX system. So you would use this if you wanted to use analog "PSTN" phone lines in which case you would plug your phone line directly into the SPA-3102.

So you see, this has nothing at all to do with connecting your ViaTalk VOIP provider.

Hope this helps!

9. theyelllowdart

Thanks a lot guys, I made my first successful phone call!

Yeah, now i understand what the pstn line is used for. I could use it to have 3cx connect to the spa -> then to analog phones. Brilliant!

Once again thanks for all the help,
    Aaron.

10. Stuck101

Cool feeling isn't it ! 8)

Glad to hear it's falling into place.

11. Henk

Henk Member

Ok, just for good measure (and i always want to have the last word :))

pstn -->spa --> 3CX

The SPA is what we call an ATA, it converts you analogue into SIP/VoIP stuff. The SPA has two tabs that might have confused you "Line1" and "PSTN"

Line1, is used to configure your VoIP provider so you can make calls with your Analogue phone over a VoIP network. The PSNT tap is to allow PSTN traffic being translated in this SIP/VoIP stuff so you can use IP phones on your network to work the same as your Analogue phone. For all of this you do not need 3CX.

So to configure a SPA with 3CX, you remove all your VoIP registration settings from Line1, and configure PSTN to talk to 3CX.

Pretty much the way you have done it.

Keep in mind:
    - VoIP provider registration must be configured in 3CX to avoid funnies.
    - Your analogue phone (on the fxo port) is not an extension in 3CX it is simply an analogue phone and receives incomming calls from the PSTN and makes outgoing calls on the PSTN. It is also the only phone that rings if your "power" is out.
    - the SPA is only required for your PSTN to SIP/VoIP translation INTERNALY and has nothing to do with the VoIP provider.
    - Enjoy

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.