Inbound routing - multiple companies

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by comnetcon, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comnetcon

Hello all,

I have an installation running version 11. 7 analog lines coming in using a Grandstream 4108. Inbound and outbound calls are working well. We have the need to identify the called number on incoming calls so we can answer the phone with the appropriate company name. We would like to display an identifier on the LCD of the phone (or in the 3CX soft phone) for each call. I'm looking at the inbound rules but not sure that is the place to set this up?

The phones are Yealink T32-G.

Also, does this setup require the config on the Grandstream to be updated?

Thanks

David

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A ring group, or queue can add a name to the CID. Keep the name short or it may delete some of the original information.

You may need to provide a bit more information about the particular set-up.

3. comnetcon

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the global options and the box was checked. I updated the system to version 12, but we still aren't seeing the name assigned to the ring group on the phones display.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

David

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may need to provide some additional information about how you have incoming calls route.

They would have to go though the ring Group to pick up the name. In some cases, if CID already contains a name, (from your provider), then some parts can be cut off due to the limited number of characters available on some devices display.

5. comnetcon

leejor,

Thanks for your continued support.

At this point I have a single ring group for all the incoming lines. That is how all inbound calls are being routed. This will change once I am able to display the number called or the ring group name on the phone displays.

In the ring group properties I have a name specified (ALL). The ring strategy is ring all. On the phones the CID number is displayed twice and nothing else.

Thanks

David

6. mixig

mixig Active Member

You can also go to inbound rules, select DID, in the box DID/DDI name write the company name, that will be appear on phone screen during the incoming call

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What phones are you using? I know on the Yealink, if the phone number is in the XML Phonebook, I do not see the Prepended name - only what is in the Phonebook.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. comnetcon

I will look into using an inbound rule for this.

All phones are Yealink T32G.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

9. comnetcon

More information on this issue:

I tried to setup an inbound rule to route the incoming calls. Looking at the verbose log under Server Activity log shows that the "to" field is showing as the port number as defined under the gateway and NOT the actual phone number.

I'm not sure where to change this to show the phone number.

I tried to adjust the inbound rule using the port number under the DID field but it doesn't work.

This is using the Grandstream GXW4108 and 3CX version 12.

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.