Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

inbound routing to trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by denisszm, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denisszm

Hello

I am trying an existing 3cx v11 installation for a new topology. I want to route incoming calls from a voip provider directly to an asterisk via another trunk. Furthermore I would like to have a second route if the first trunk is congested.
    Any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could set up a bridge trunk in 3CX. Set it as Master, then have the other PBX register to it. For incoming trunk calls to route out on the new bridge trunk group, you will most likely have to send the callers to a "dummy" extension that is in turn call forwarded to the bridge trunk, sending a number that is recognised by the dial-plan in the other PBX.

If it is a backup to the same PBX, then a second trunk group could be created. If it takes that same path, then I'm not sure what it will buy you in terms of actually being a "back-up".

3. denisszm

Thank you for your answer.

Actually incoming calls from the voip provider (yuboto or equivalent) are calls that have to be routed to public network. The least cost routing is to an asterisk that has an outgoing trunk with limited capacity of four channels. The fifth channel (if ever) has to be routed to an E1 trunk. So the dialing plan is

incoming call form turnk with provider A -> 3cx -> first metric trunk to asterisk -> provider B->public network
    OR
    incoming call form turnk with provider A -> 3cx-> second metric E1-> public network

3cx is in greece, asterisk is in germany. 3cx machine will receive calls from yuboto (various countries) I want the four first calls with prefix 0049 to be routed to the asterisk machine with local (german) vodafone sip router of four channels. The next simultaneous call with same prefix should be routed to local (greece) E1 trunk and not droped.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that the other PBX's are not capable of accepting registrations? If that is the case, then setting 3CX as a Master Bridge trunk, will allow them to register to 3CX.

However...you are attempting to use 3CX as a tandem switch, something it really wasn't designed for. You may be able to get it to work, incorporating DIDs, but it might take some trial and error. Forwarding is going to send calls to a specific destination. I assume that you want the calls to pass on the original dialled number, over the bridge trunk, as is.

5. denisszm

Thanks for your answer leejor

Yes indeed, I want to pass the original dialed numbers to the trunks. I will start a trial this weekend, following your suggestion with a virtual extension and see what happens.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re-reading your original post, causes some concern with how this this going to work. If the calls were originating from another PBX, then you have the option of manipulating the sent digits and can create a dial plan based on them. If however, the calls originate from a VoIP provider, then you are limited to receiving DID digits of a number range to which you subscribe, with them. Number outside that range would not be sent to you, but routed elsewhere.

It sounds as if you require DISA trunks, or two stage dialling. In that case, a number would be dialled, the VoIP provider routes that call to you. Screening of the caller is done using caller ID, or a PIN, the caller is then presented with dial-tone, and places a call.

I may not have a full, and complete understanding, of what you are trying to achieve, and the routing of the calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.