Inbound Rule Import - priority field

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JMK, Apr 10, 2018.

1. JMK

JMK

I've been doing testing of extension and inbound rule imports to determine what fields are required, optional and what their dependencies are because I've found the documentation to be incomplete.
    With the Inbound Rules import file the first field is "priority," but I can't seem to determine if it does anything. My assumption is this has to do with the order of the rules (Move up / Move down) but maybe I'm missing something. From my testing, it does not matter what I put in the field the order of the import file is the order of the rules after the import is complete.
    Is there something behind the scenes that this field is associated with and if so what its importance is?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi JMK,

You are correct, the priority field does put the rules into a numerical order how're unlike outbound rules this does not matter really what the order might be.

Outbound rules can be generic for the whole PBX, specific groups and/or extensions where inbound rules are directed specially to individual extensions/queues/ring groups etc so does not really require a priority.