Inbound rule will not route to some extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rob Allen, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Allen

I have an inbound rule for a DID that routes fine to all but two extensions. I get the message "We are unable to complete your call at this time. Please try again later (message 12)".

I don't see a difference in the settings between the extensions that work and those that do not.

I am running v15.5.5 on Debian 8.

#1 Rob Allen, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Rob Allen,

Do you mean that the same inbound rule for the same DID routes correctly everywhere but the 2 extensions? For example when you route it to extension 000 it works but if you change the to 001 you get the error message? What error do you see the activity log?

3. Rob Allen

Hi @YiannisH_3CX,

I did some more testing this morning and realized it has something to do with the 3CX soft phone for Windows. If I exit out of the soft phone then I get routed to the voice mail box for the extension so the inbound rule must be working properly, but when the soft phone is running I get the "We are unable to complete your call at this time ..." message. Calls route just fine from the Digital Receptionist to these two extensions.

#3 Rob Allen, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please check the status of these extensions from the management console by highlighting the extension under the extensions tab and click status. Make sure that extensions are available. Also you could try re-sending the welcome email to the clients and make sure that the tunnel option is on if the extensions are remote.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you call those extensions from another extension, do you get the same result? After that happens, what does the 3CX Activity log show?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.