• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound Rules Breaking? Restoring Often To Get Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCLloyd

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
The 3CX system is still under test, so it isn't being used for inbound calls. Outbound is unaffected by this issue, so I need to do an inbound call to notice this issue.

Last Monday, inbound calls were not coming in. I did an inbound call and got a message stating that the number does not exist. After not seeing anything wrong with the inbound rule (remember that I am a newbie), I rebooted the system. that didn't work, so I called the SIP provider to find the 3CX was sending back a specific denial. I restored back to the previous Thursday and life was good. I restored back to the Sunday night backup, and still good. All week, everything was OK.

Yesterday, I was busy and did not test the lines. A few minutes ago, I dialed in to show off a tablet running the 3CX and client, and the issue had returned. I restored to last night's backup, and life is good again.

I am not sure what is happening, here. I am hoping that I just missed something.

Any ideas are welcome!

Well you didn't say what specific denial 3CX was returning so it's hard to say. If it happens again I'd check to see if your provider is blacklisted in 3CX

Last edited:
Reactions: JCLloyd
If you have purchased a real license, check to see that it has not reverted to PBX/free edition. NOTE: The license info will show Standard/Professional yet the switch will be running as a PBX/Free. I lost extensions and trunks for no damn reason. On the Dashboard, click the License line, then on the License Settings page click Refresh License Key Information. For me at least this resulted in the trunks and extensions immediately coming back online. I did report this.

CobaltIT - It had been a week... I don't remember exactly what the support person said when he told be the switch was specifically rejecting the connection. Your suggestion to check the IP Blacklist sounds reasonable. I didn't think of that, or that the 3CX might need to block the SIP provider. I guess it could happen. I started to put in an allow rule, but decided to wait and see if it happens again, next week. I would have expected a blacklist item to be in the backup, since I selected everything. I won't know, unless the issue returns. Great suggestion.

Bob Denny - I am still activated on Pro 15.5.3849.1, and waiting for ".2" to come out of Beta. Of course, I did the restore from backup to get the inbound back. I will keep an eye out for the licensing, if/when the inbound rule seems to stop working again.

Thank you for you input, both of you! Newbie at the helm and not yet seasoned to this environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.