• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound Rules / DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

devito33

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have a Voipfone.co.uk account with 3 numbers, 2 * geographic and 1 * 0800 which is fine.

Within my 3CX config, the Voip provider appears to have inbound rules set with the DID's having inbound rules also.
Problem is, it appears the Voip provider rules are over-riding the DID rules which differ - for a reason :)

Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong or if indeed it can be done ?

TIA

It really isn't clear as to what the problem is. You need to restate what is actually happening and what you want (expect) to happen. Are you not receiving calls? Do they go to the wrong extensions? Can you not make calls?

When adding a voip provider, the wizard assigns rules for handling inbound calls ie forward to an extension, a ring group, an auto attendant etc.

When I add the two DID's they have similar rules which can be different to the voip provider rules ie one DID's inbound calls are transferred to an IVR and the other goes directly to an extension ie one different rule for each DID.

The problem is, these rules are not being applied, only the rule on the overall voip provider/port appears to be taking effect. If this is the case, there's little point in the DID rules if you know what I mean....

tia

So, if I understand correctly...you've got two different DID's but put them into the same trunk group on the 3CX? You want each numbers incoming call to go to a different location/extension, etc. ? Have you tried putting each number in it's own trunk group each with it's own rules rather than a common group?

leejor said:
So, if I understand correctly...you've got two different DID's but put them into the same trunk group on the 3CX? You want each numbers incoming call to go to a different location/extension, etc. ?

That is correct.

leejor said:
Have you tried putting each number in it's own trunk group each with it's own rules rather than a common group?
It won;t let me, I have one "account" with the voip provider with one set of authentication credentials, if I add a second trunk 3cx won;t let me as I've already one in place with the username/authentication details already :(

Will I have to have 2 trunks ? Seems bizarre...

TIA,

Sorry for inconvenience but... we didn't develop the "Voipfone.co.uk". Could you please provide at least one hint (or at least a one piece of information) how to help you to investigate the problem?
Did you read that post? (http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html)

Thanks

SY said:
Sorry for inconvenience but... we didn't develop the "Voipfone.co.uk".
I know you didn't, you developed 3cx which is what I am using as my PBX taking the SIP trunk from voipfone who are the voip provider.

SY said:
Could you please provide at least one hint (or at least a one piece of information) how to help you to investigate the problem?
Did you read that post? (http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html)
Thanks

I'm not sure there are any different ways for me to describe the current problem....

When adding a voip provider (voipfone) the 3CX wizard asks to configure inbound rules on how to handle the inbound call. This rule over-rules and inbound rule setup for the DIDs, I need the DID rules to take priority over the apparent voip provider rules.

Thanks in advance...

Problem resolved, have dumped voipfone.co.uk why ? They don't present the DDI which is very handy indeed !

devito33 said:
Problem resolved, have dumped voipfone.co.uk why ? They don't present the DDI which is very handy indeed !

Pesonally I'm glad to know that the final solution didn't require any sophisticated procedures related to PBX configuration :)

Thanks a lot for information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.