Solved Inbound Rules Not Working <Linux V15>

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by azz2811, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azz2811

Hello,

I have a bizarre issue with one of my clients phone systems. Inbound rules to not seem to be changing the function of one of the SIP trunks.

For example;

I have two DID's, DID 1 should go through to a IVR, DID 2 should go directly do an extension. When setting up the SIP trunk i have the main number as DID 1 which is then set to call through to the IVR in the SIP Trunk settings

I then have DID 2 setup as a inbound rule, but this doesn't work.

I have the EXACT same setup in another clients PBX and don't have any issues. Is there something that Im missing? Perhaps a check box that is un-ticked somewhere?

TIA

Alex

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @azz2811

When a call comes in to the trunk the PBX will try and match the called number to an inbound rule you might have.
    If the PBX cannot match the number to an inbound rule because the number is not am exact match or perhaps there is not inbound rule set then the call will route to the destination of the main trunk number.
    So in your scenario probably the number coming in from the provider is not an exact match to your DID.
    You can either check the log an see how the number arrives to the PBX and adjust your DIDs or use the * symbol to let the PBX know that you need it to match only the numbers after the *. So if the number is 004412345678 you can add it as *12345678 so if the number arrives to the PBX as 004412345678 or 4412345678 or even 012345678 then the PBX will still match the number and route the call to the set destination.

3. azz2811

Thanks for your reply Yiannis. I've tested the above and unfortunately that doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

When you dial the second does the call arrive at the PBX? Does it route to the destination of the main trunk number or does the call drop?

5. azz2811

Hi Yiannis,

The second number goes through the PBX. The route is identical to the first number.

Regards,

Alex.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

if the number arrives at the PBX and it gets routed then it doesn't match the inbound rule. Make a call and navigate to the activity log, filter by call and check how the number arrives to the PBX from the provider

7. azz2811

Hi Yiannis,

Thanks for your help. My problem has been solved. It turns out that the invite coming from the sip provider was the auth account number for the SIP trunk instead of the ten digit phone number. I've got them to change this and now it's all good :)

Regards,

Alex.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved :)

9. Saniel

Hello azz2811, think I have the same problem, can you please explain in detail, how you resolve it. Thanks.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.