Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound Rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Maximo1970, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximo1970

What I'm looking to do is identify calls coming in and redirecting to the relevant extension. I have the system setup at home with extensions in the kids bed rooms. So the idea is that when one of there friends call the system only rings their phone rather then all of the phones.

I have had search on here but not found the answer.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Ok, this is how you can do it

EXT 10 - Home
    EXT 11 Kids Room

Route all calls to EXT 10, and setup a rule on this extension that says if incoming callerID is xxxx forward calls to 11

the problem with this one is numbers that are withheld will not route by rules

the only other way of doing this is to purchase another phone number for the kids, which i think would be better in the long run

I would also have a SIP account just for the kids, so you can keep an eye and control the spending on calls etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maximo1970

Thanks Dave I will take a look.

The reason for the rules was simple so I didn't have to have more then one SIP account setup. If I don't get it working how I want it using rules then I may well just get another account setup.

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

the problem doing it by CallerID is you would have to input everyones phone numbers

what happens if the kids friends calls via their mobile, home phone, or a friends phone, then the call will go to you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. willow

willow Member

you could just do a simple auto attendant or get DID's for each kid.

6. nbailey

nbailey Member

this is probably the best method for what you are looking for, an ivr is a good solution if DID's aren't in the budget. Sending one call to different extensions via. CID can be a nightmare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.