Inbound rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eagle2, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Is there by any chance a easy way of importing inbound rules, something similar to importing extensions ?
    In case you even 100 extensions lots of efforts required to create inbound rule for each of them. And what about 200 or more extensions ?

The only option I discovered is editing the .xml configuration file into backup and restoring afterwards the PBX from modified file. However, I don't think this is the best way of doing this.

This is a critical functionality missing into design.

Regards,
    Orlin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

within the DID field of the VoIP Provider enter the phone numbers like this for example

01702668836-01702668880

Click apply and make sure you go to the Source ID and select them all in the DID add box

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

OK,

but this is not solving the issue, may be I haven't expressed myself clearly enough -- this action will point all DDI numbers to one extension (the operator's one, e.g. 100), not to different ones, like:

01702668836 >> 136
    01702668837 >> 137
    01702668880 >> 180

etc. This is my question. Lots of efforts required to edit inbound rules afterwards. This is a normal functionality, available in most PBXs.

Regards,
    Orlin

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

I did understand what you where saying, however there is no import option so the only supported way to do this would be to load the DDI range like i said above.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Yes, this a missing important functionality for large deployments.
    One thing more: defining of DDI ranges seems not possible any more (in Version 12).

Best regards

6. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi eagle2

Defining of DDI ranges is possible and available in version 12. Select Inbound rules, add an inbound rule (do not edit an existing one) and in the DID/DDI number mask type *440567 - *440580 for example, select your select the ports that you want this rule to apply to , the routing and click apply. you will see the list of DID range being created in the inbound rules node. For any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

7. matictec

matictec New Member

In the german blog i found a post to automatically add DIDs to extensions. It uses the OMSample.exe Binary from the Call Control API Sample Package. This has very usefull command line tools for change settings in the 3CX pbx: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

8. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Defining ranges was working in V.11 also, by the way I had a problem trying to define range using a dash in V.12 SP0, like 029045800-029045899. My question is how to point this DDI numbers to extensions 800 to 899. In the inbound rules I see all of DDI numbers are going to extension 800 only.

Best regards

9. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Could you share a link to that post, I couldn't find it, I would try to reproduce the method.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Orlin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.