• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound T.38 Fax consistently failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legop

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to receive faxes on a single DID and have them sent by email.
The integrated "3CX Fax Server" ist designed to do just this.
It's configured like this(some data obscured):
faxserverconfigen.png

There's an inbound rule auto created, sending all calls on that DID to 888, at all times of day.
When receiving faxes with T.38, detailed logs in 3CX show these two errors randomly alternating:
BYE sip:[obfuscated]@127.0.0.1:5060 SIP/2.0 Reason: SIP;text=User Hung Up
SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable here Reason: SIP;text=Application Rejected Sdp(usually no common codec)

Receiving G.711 faxes works ok.

3CX is running on Debian 9.2.1 with version 15.5 latest updates applied.
It's behind a Unifi Security Gateway. The firewall test passes OK. SIP Conntrack dis/enabled has no effect.
SIP Trunk provider is easybell. They fully support T.38.

I've tried unchecking the checkbox for the G.711 Fallback to T.38 (which is documented to listen for fax tones for 10 seconds and if none received, switches to T.38). This results in the error:
SIP/2.0 480 Temporarily Unavailable

No faxes that are sent with T.38 are being received.

Easybell Support cannot find any fault on their side.

Further tests included using a Fritzbox as a SIP Client, configured as a fax extension, with similar issues.
Restarting the entire PBX didn't change anything.
There's no problem with regular calls in- and outbound.

A pcap shows malformed packets after switching to T.38 when the INVITE is sent:

pcap.png

Any ideas highly appreciated.

Hello @Legop

If you have a capture of an inbound Fax attempt please send me a p.m. so i can check. We might also need the support files of the PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.