• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inbound T.38 Faxing with IPCOMMS.NET and 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

fff

Customer
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get inbound faxing to work with an IPComms.net account?
I've played arround with all the settings and configurations and still no luck.

When I set the DID to go to the 888 fax server IPComms will send an INVITE, 3cx sends back a 100 Trying and nothing else. Eventually IPComms sends a CANCEL when it gives up. Nothing else.

I've turned off all software firewalls on the server.
I opened up all ports on the WATCHGUARD that sits in between.
I tried all settings in the faxglb.cfg and in_session.cfg files.
I tried STUN on and off.
I talked with the IPComms people (who have been very helpful) and they show the same trace I do. \

Why isn't 3CX responding with a ringing or answer or something?

Try this:
select DID to send fay to email extension and see did you get fax in inbox

I did that already. I have tried setting the whole voip provider to the 888 extention and I have also created a DID for it and pointed it at 888. Neither work. If I point at a voice extension it does work (but with voice not fax) so it must be the built-in fax software that is failing.
Another thing IPCOMM pointed out was that when I send faxes outbound I have my private IP address in the C and O records. They said it should be my public IP. Reading others post it seems the cfg files are supposed to fix this but they oviously aren't.

When you try to call your fax DID on 3cx from normal phone can you hear fax sound?

No. I hear nothing until it dumps out.

--> Invite
<--100 Trying
{a long pause}
-->Cancel
<--200 OK

Is your fax extension registered (default extension number is 888)? You can check that in System Extension Status in management console

Yes it is.

Which version of 3cx do you have? In v10 you must choose the network interface for fax serve or you will not get fax response, in v 11 i see that they remove interface card to select as an option (even in manual there is still that option)

I have v11 but maybe that is the problem. I do have two nics in the server and only one has the gateway setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.