Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Inbound works, outbound is busy "Cause: 500"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mutti_wilson, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutti_wilson

I found a service that is hosted in the city i live in and the ping is 20-30ms compared to the 180 or so that i am getting to inphonex's server. I live near Portland OR. I can receive inbound calls just great, zero lag, but i get a busy signal outbound. I have it configured the same way as Inphonex (other that auth and server addresses), could that be a problem?

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

500 reponse usually means: "Server Internal Error". So, I can suppose your local provider completely doesn't understand incoming INVITEs. Try to register against it with some softphone and make outbound call. Compare results :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mutti_wilson

I registered against my provider with a softphone and got the same error. I have emailed their support desk and i'll wait for an answer. Is this definently on their end?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, I think so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mutti_wilson

Good:) I will let you know what the outcome is. Thanks for the help.

6. mutti_wilson

It was a combination of outbound rules and some configuration errors on their end. I had it set up the same way as Inphonex and the dialing is just like a local phone. 7 digits or 11 for long distance. I had to change the rule and calls work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.