Inbound works, outbound is busy "Cause: 500"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mutti_wilson, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutti_wilson

I found a service that is hosted in the city i live in and the ping is 20-30ms compared to the 180 or so that i am getting to inphonex's server. I live near Portland OR. I can receive inbound calls just great, zero lag, but i get a busy signal outbound. I have it configured the same way as Inphonex (other that auth and server addresses), could that be a problem?

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

500 reponse usually means: "Server Internal Error". So, I can suppose your local provider completely doesn't understand incoming INVITEs. Try to register against it with some softphone and make outbound call. Compare results :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mutti_wilson

I registered against my provider with a softphone and got the same error. I have emailed their support desk and i'll wait for an answer. Is this definently on their end?

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, I think so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mutti_wilson

Good:) I will let you know what the outcome is. Thanks for the help.

6. mutti_wilson

It was a combination of outbound rules and some configuration errors on their end. I had it set up the same way as Inphonex and the dialing is just like a local phone. 7 digits or 11 for long distance. I had to change the rule and calls work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.