Inclement Weather Notification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hwong, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwong

Hi,
    We are running v14 and the Human Resources department wants employees to be able to call in for inclement weather closing information and updates. What is the best and easiest way to set this up so the HR department can update the messages from home?

Thanks!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Create a "dummy" extension.
    Give the Extension credentials to HR.
    Program a DID incoming rule to that extension.

The HR person would need a way into the voicemail for programming. I have a DID dedicated to the VM Extension so users can check Voicemail (many do not like the WAV file to email). Don't remember if calling into an extension has a method for dumping into user mode via * or something (trying not to burn 2 DID's for this).

Caveat: users can leave messages that nobody is likely to check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

To avoid having people try to leave a message, leave a long length of silence after the last words of the outgoing message so that the "tone", indicating "leave a message" happens after they hang up. You also might want to end the message with something like "...thank you, and good bye", to be clear that they are not encouraged to leave a message.

4. hwong

Thanks both. I thought of the VM but then I was worried about the messages. I like the suggestion of leaving a pause. Any other possibilities? I wish there was something like an information only mailbox.

5. tratz

tratz New Member

The only thing i could think of is use an IVR but that would require someone to change the greeting of the IVR to the recorded message in the morning. With the IVR do not list any options and it would / could play the message more than once.

--Tracy

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You could always suggest that as a feature, or up vote it, if someone beat you to it...

3cx-ideas-f57.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.