Incoming audio problems.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by base2121, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. base2121

Hi 3CX'ers.

This is my first dabble into VOIP, so please do bear with my absolute noobishness, and I hope you will forgive me for it.

I am doing a setup of 3CX for a client. They have 3 phones and 3 sip accounts.

Info about them:

Code:
    Phones: SPA921
    Server: HP ML110 G5 Series.
    Internal Nic's: 1
           Server: Windows server 2008 Foundation edition
           3CX Server: Windows XP Pro under VMware. (to make it clear, VMware is serving on the foundation 2008 server, an XPP install)
    Sip Provider: sipgate.co.uk
    Windows Firewall & all other firewalls on router & on XPP are disabled.

The problem is that when I make an outgoing call, or receive an incoming call, I cannot hear audio from the other person.

I think that this would usually be a firewall problem (which would make sense) however, I am all sorts of confused as to what more ports I need to make open!

I can't (for some reason on this stupid router) make a PC DMZ, so I think (unless that really is the problem) then my solution will have to be a case of finding all of the right ports.

Currently, in my desperation, the following ports are opened and pointed at the server.

Code:
    5004 UDP
    5060 UDP/TCP
    8000 - 8012 UDP
    10000 UDP/TCP
    3478 UDP/TCP
    5090 UDP
    9000-9015 udp
    What more do I need for incoming audio? The outgoing audio works fine by the way, so do calls and transfers etc etc, it's just this stupid problem.

Is there a port that sipgate use that is not above? Could it be something else other than a firewall? Maybe an issue with it being a VMware server?

Your help would be much appreciated.

P.s. I don't have access to the server's log at the moment, as the server is in a different office, and I didn't enable remote access (well done me), however if it is required I will see if I can grab it at some point today.

2. danj

Hi,

You only need to forward the following ports to the IP of the Virtual machine

5060 UDP/TCP
    9000-9015 udp

Use the Firewall checker (Settings - Firewall Checker) in 3CX to determine if there is a firewall issue or stun problem.

If your not able to determine the problem from the firewall checker set the 3CX logs to Verbose, restart the 3CX phonesystem service, and check server activity logs.

Regards,
    Dan Jennings

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. base2121

Thanks for the responce,

The firewall checker that I ran last night, returned only a few errors, and none of them were actual errors, just warnings.

It was warning on 9000 to 9049 that that port might cause some loss of functionality, however I don't think I have had an installation on any machine where it hasen't thrown this (but I might be wrong..).

I will gather you some logs up, so that you can see what's going on.

I am currently trying to remember the IP of the dammed box.

FGS. What a stupid problem to have..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.