• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming Cal caller ID issue with SPA 8800 and 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

amohod

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I deployed the 3cx phone system for custoer based in Australia. The analog lines from Telsta are terminated on Cisco SPA 8800 and calls are working fine. We are facing issue with caller ID for incoming calls. In 3CX system we recieving the caller ID as trunk number. I need your expertise to resoolve this issue

Also I have qeury related to license. Customer want to implement CRM integration and FAX module. I wan to know which license will provide these features. The number of simultaneous calls are 2.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Avinash

If the gateway does not "receive" the caller ID it will generally pass on the trunk number. As I recall, the CID system, in Australia is the same, or similar to that used in North America. That being the case, it may be one of a couple of issues. The CID type is not set correctly, or, the gateway is set to answer too quickly, and not waiting long enough to collect the CID info, or...you don't subscribe to caller ID. That last one has happened a number of times.

Hi Leejor,

Thanks for your reply.. I have already set those option but still not getting caller id. Below are config in SPA 8800

PSTN CID to VOIP CID: yes
PSTN Answer delay: 3 sec
Caller ID Method: Bellcore

Please suggest if these options are correct?

Rgds...Avinash

Those are the settings I would use in North America. Have you confirmed, with another device, that CID is being sent? If so, then the 3 second delay may need to be tweaked (increased). Cisco devices usually have a status menu that will show the last caller Id received.

Have you confirmed that Telstra is sending the CID? By default in Australia it is not enabled and Telstra charge extra for it each month. If it is enabled it will show in the Telstra invoice.

leejor...I tried delay options as 5, 7 and 10..but still not getting the CID.

countrycomp....I have informed customer to recheck with Tesltra....will update you once I get any update from customer.

Easiest method to conform that CID is being sent is to stick a stand-alone display device on one of the lines and call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.