Incoming call doesn't recognise number in contacts

Discussion in 'iOS' started by patski, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patski

First let me say that I've just switched to 3cx from Acrobits and so far so good. Call quality is amazing - far better than normal quality on my iphone 4s! I'm using it with a soho66 number.

One thing I noticed is that when I receive an incoming call from someone in my iphone contacts list it doesn't show the person's name. Should it?

And a couple of times if the phone has been inactive for a while then the phone won't ring even with the app in the taskbar. I've set it to use TCP. Anything else?

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

there is an issue on the iPhone to match numbers, it must be an exanct match. but apples tells the users to store the names in the international format (+XX XXX XXXX) und the inbound of the numbers will be in a differrent format so it will be not the same.
    there is not search for a min string lengt which must be the same to show the contact. acrobits has "number pattons" you need to set to match.... we dont have this at the stage.

the 3cx will be as long alive we have a connection, once we lose this and it persists for 10 min. apple shuts us down...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. patski

Thank you for the reply.

I also have a problem sometimes if the phone is on lock where the phone will ring but I can't answer it. I can swipe and the app opens but pressing the answer button has no effect and the phone will continue to ring until I manually shut down 3CX.

4. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

i have personaly encoutered this as well.
    So far i could not trace the situation back when this happens but i am on it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dr.George

Hi Stefan,
    ... I'd like to add that I understand your explanation in regards to why the 3CX does not display the callee's number even though he is registered in the contacts.

Suprisingly the VoIP phone from Sipgate which is certainly not the best of soft phones for the iPhone does show the names on incoming calls when registered in your contacts.

I got both soft phones on my iPad & iphone4 running parallel on each of them and as much as I like the 3CX this is a missing standard feature.

I hope you will find a way of sorting this soon... as well as having the opportunity to have at least 2 different lines in one soft phone active... that would really help and allow to get rid of the Sipgate softphone.

Thanx
    George

6. horelcool

facing the same problem???? :(

7. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

the next version has a bild in logic to find contacts in the tbook of the phone. you can not configure it but it will match in 90% of all cases then... eta i can not give you but i have a beta version where it works wonderful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.