Incoming Call dropped without caller-id

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by packetwire_59, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. packetwire_59

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi folks
    Just trying to troubleshoot a strange problem. We use 3cx 10 and sagnoma netborder express on the same box. Everything works great, we are able to place and receive calls without an issue (as long as they have caller Id). I try to call in with a device that doesn't send caller Id information and I receive an error message about the system not allowing incoming calls without caller-Id. Anyone seen this before? I'm not sure if it is a Sagnoma issue or 3cx issue but I have poured through the menus and can't seem to find anything.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Rick
     
  2. leejor

    leejor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    10,861
    Likes Received:
    302
    A 3CX log message? Would you please post it?
     
  3. packetwire_59

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    No 3CX log message, an actual voice message on the line when I call in. It says "your call will not be completed as the party you are trying to call is not accepting calls from callers that do not send caller-id information".

    I check the 3CX logs, and it shows nothing
     
  4. leejor

    leejor Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Messages:
    10,861
    Likes Received:
    302
    It's not a 3CX issue there would be a log if it were. It sounds like a feature that your provider is offering. I've seen a similar feature for callers that are blocking caller ID. You can confirm that is is the provider and not the Sagnoma (maybe) by placing a call without the gateway attached. You may want to check with your provider too.
     
  5. packetwire_59

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks Leejor, turns out that was the issue. As we were in the process of switching providers anyway, I just tested once we cut to the new one and all is operational.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.