Incoming Call Issue - Sometimes?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by poltorakja, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poltorakja

I have an new installation and periodically we get reports that someone will call the main number and the call will ring and ring. I looked at the Server Activity Log and there is no entry that the call was even received. I ran the 3CX Call Reporter and there is no entry there either. The problem is I can not recreate it to diagnose it. The other problem is the owner tried to call in and experienced the issue. During the time there were no incoming or outgoing calls. So how do I fix or diagnose the issue. Any suggestions?

Configuration
    5 POTS lines - the 5 lines role over to each other
    2 x Patton SmartNode 4524 VOIP Gateways
    3CX Server

I tried to find the raw reports, but was not successful. Is there a way to have the Patton 4524 Gateways output their logs and if so, where do you enter the information? Can the Gateways be rejecting the call before connecting to the 3CX system?

Thanks in advance,
    Jack Poltorak

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

You could try installing wireshark on the 3CX system

this will show you detailed information, if there is traffic coming to your server, it will show here

you can download it from

http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. poltorakja

I was able to capture a call that would ring and not connect. The error is:

12:54:26.078 Exception thrown in TransactionStatehandleBadRequest. This shouldn't happen. ParseException .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949, Parse failed unexpected eof in context: From
    WHIPPLE
    ^
    @ .\ParseBuffer.cxx:949

I found this on another post:

Turns out our problem was resolved in a newer firmware from Patton. The 3cx install guide recommends a specific firmware version, but there have been 8 updates since then with many bug fixes. This specific issue on our SN4960 was resolved in the 2009-05-20 firmware.

I have a Patton 4524 Gateways. I looked on the Patton Web Site and could not find anything on their site that pointed to this error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.