• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Incoming call, Ring Group or Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectra

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Is there any option to get incoming call to ring group or queue group to be shown on T46G if user using headset? If someone dial particular extension then second caller id will be shown on display but if caller dial ring group or queue then will ring only on available extensions. I have many customers that asking for this since NEXTIVA and many others will show incoming caller ID during call in ring group.

I do not believe this is possible in the current release. Assuming multi-line phones, you could install additional extensions on same and make them a part of the group or agents. Personally, it would drive me nuts being in a call and then having another call coming in (to my extension) and especially so if other agents/members are available to handle it. I guess a way around this is to set-up a second group/Q containing only the added extensions. It may also make the ring strategy problematic for those using the call center editions (PRO).

The groups/queues are generally designed to be manned by enough people such that the need for a person to handle more than one call is not needed. If the demand is greater than the supply, then use of a queue may be more appropriate as it will hold the caller in "suspense" pending an agent becoming available whereas the group will move the call onto the next call handling rule.

Granted, there may be some times when no matter how well planned, the call volume may exceed the capability, but I guess it depends on one's willingness to put an existing call on hold in order to pick-up the second call and then decide to either continue with the second call or put the second call on hold and go back to the first caller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.