incoming caller delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by speedsolutions, Jul 6, 2007.

1. speedsolutions

i have an SPA3102 with a PSTN line, 3cx server running on a dual 2.4ghz dual xeon server and a sipura spa-841 handset. when someone calls me on the pstn line they hear 4 rings before i hear one and asnwer. where is this delay coming from? can i fix it? i am finding a number of delays in the system that are somewhat discouraging otherwise i am happy with the product.

2. ess

ess New Member

There is a PSTN Ring thru Delay and a PSTN Answer Delay that are most likely causing this.

PSTN Answer Delay is set to 16 by default I believe. Sipura recommends a minimum delay of 4 for PSTN Answer Delay to preserve CLID features. Then, ITfarmer, sultan of the spa3102 :D suggests having the ring thru delay equal to 1/2 what you set your Answer Delay to.

You can try tweaking these settings until you still have CLID and an appropriate delay.

3. speedsolutions

thanks, i was just looking at those settings. i'll play with them and hopefully see some improvement.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sultan hmmmm i like the idea of that. :) does that mean that i can have a thousand women ? LOL

Anyway here are some settings you can get going with. For the SPA

VoIP Answer Delay:0
    PSTN Answer Delay: 3
    PSTN-To-VoIP Call Max Dur: 0
    VoIP-To-PSTN Call Max Dur: 0
    VoIP DLG Refresh Intvl: 0
    PSTN Dialing Delay: 1
    PSTN Hook Flash Len: .25

VoIP PIN Digit Timeout: 10
    PSTN PIN Digit Timeout: 10
    PSTN Ring Thru Delay: 1.5
    PSTN Ring Thru CWT Delay: 0