Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

incoming caller delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by speedsolutions, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedsolutions

i have an SPA3102 with a PSTN line, 3cx server running on a dual 2.4ghz dual xeon server and a sipura spa-841 handset. when someone calls me on the pstn line they hear 4 rings before i hear one and asnwer. where is this delay coming from? can i fix it? i am finding a number of delays in the system that are somewhat discouraging otherwise i am happy with the product.

2. ess

ess New Member

There is a PSTN Ring thru Delay and a PSTN Answer Delay that are most likely causing this.

PSTN Answer Delay is set to 16 by default I believe. Sipura recommends a minimum delay of 4 for PSTN Answer Delay to preserve CLID features. Then, ITfarmer, sultan of the spa3102 :D suggests having the ring thru delay equal to 1/2 what you set your Answer Delay to.

You can try tweaking these settings until you still have CLID and an appropriate delay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. speedsolutions

thanks, i was just looking at those settings. i'll play with them and hopefully see some improvement.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sultan hmmmm i like the idea of that. :) does that mean that i can have a thousand women ? LOL

Anyway here are some settings you can get going with. For the SPA

VoIP Answer Delay:0
    PSTN Answer Delay: 3
    PSTN-To-VoIP Call Max Dur: 0
    VoIP-To-PSTN Call Max Dur: 0
    VoIP DLG Refresh Intvl: 0
    PSTN Dialing Delay: 1
    PSTN Hook Flash Len: .25

VoIP PIN Digit Timeout: 10
    PSTN PIN Digit Timeout: 10
    PSTN Ring Thru Delay: 1.5
    PSTN Ring Thru CWT Delay: 0