Incoming Caller ID Name

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pogue1000, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogue1000

On my incoming calls I am not getting any "Caller Id". I am getting the number to display but not the incoming persons first and last name.

I am on 3cx version 10, yealink phones and using nexvortex as a sip trunk.

Thanks

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Goto the 3CX console

>> Settings >> General Settings - Global Options

Half way down the page look for Caller ID and PhoneBook Matching

Make sure the tick box is selected for Resolved Caller ID to Phonebook Entry

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pogue1000

So if an entry is not in the phonebook you will never get full caller id?

For example if I call into my traditional PSTN line wether it be a land line or even my cell phone the name is displayed.

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

if you want the names matched then you need to have the names in the phone book or just the numbers will be displayed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pogue1000

is this a voip or 3cx limitation?

Guess not curious why it cannot work like typical PSTN phones?

6. willow

willow Member

It will depend on your voip carrier. Some voip providers will give you caller id number with your service and you will have to pay extra for the name lookup. this is normally configured on your sip providers webpage login and not in the 3cx.

7. pogue1000

Thanks WIllow, sounds like you are right. I use Nexvortex and to get CNAME it is 3 bucks per line a month.

8. pogue1000

Well, even though they are sending the data over now, looks like its still not displaying.
    Probably some kind of setting i need to make?

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have a look at the 3CX server log. For an incoming call you should see both the number and name show up, if they are indeed sending it. If it shows up there, then 3CX should be passing it on to any set capable of displaying it.

10. pogue1000

Kind of odd not seeing it in the log, however my provider said they did some test calls.

I am still learning this all, but could it be something with the with the inbound parameters on the provider setup? I havent changed anything with it

11. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Definitely you may adjust the inbound parameter fields, but make sure that you are receiving both the CLIP and CNIP before.
    It happened to me some provider was sending the number as name.

regards

12. ctni

I just wanted to confirm 3CX now supports sending caller ID NUMBER and NAME to the phones and software clients? In the past when we evaluated it, it only supported caller ID NUMBER from outside calls (even if the carrier was also sending NAME)?

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't recall a time when name (and number) didn't get passed on.

14. ctni

It's been 3-4 years, but it would not pass name from the trunk provider...name would only show if there was a contact stored in the system that matched the number. We even posted in this forum and spoke to 3CX support and got confirmation it was not supported. Glad to hear we can now see outside NAME info. I assume the reports will also show the outsider caller ID NAME now as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.