Incoming Caller ID on Grandstream GXW4108

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nac2, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nac2

Hello All,

Running 3CX v.11. Turned up verbose logging on 3CX and it doesn't appear the incoming caller ID name is coming in along with the number. The number does make it to our Cisco SPA525G2 phones. Everything incoming and outgoing is working otherwise. The Grandstream config file was generated by the 3CX.

Is there anything special anyone has had to do to this gateway, besides things 3CX sets in config file, in order to get incoming caller ID working? Should we absolutely assume this is a carrier issue or is there anything else we can test?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much! :D

Nathan A. Clark
    Envision IT, LLC

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Well could be a regional setting, you don't indicate where you are located. I have quite a few installed in Texas and all pass caller-id inbound...provided carrier is sending.

3. nac2

Thanks much for the reply. This one is installed in Kentucky. Caller ID type is set to 1, which I think is US default?

Just looked around at the voice provider's services and Caller ID w/ Name is listed as a service, so I think it's possible the client is being nickled and dimed and carrier won't send name without additional payment.

4. lneblett

Hook up an analog phone directly and see.

5. DBOD

Wireshark the packets between the PBX and the phone. The information should be sent in the SIP INVITE message in a SIP INFO field. That might narrow it down for you. Goodluck.

6. nac2

Thank you guys very much for the replies. Very helpful and I'm going to give both suggestions a try and report back.

7. lneblett

Do the analog phone first. If it doesn't show up on a caller-ID capable analog phone, then there is no need to do wireshark.
    As far as name goes, that is fairly common to this day that a fee is charged.

8. ysuarez

Hi

I recomend you that open a new ticket support on website from Grandstream, here your engineers will help you fix your trouble gladly

http://www.grandstream.com/support/submit-a-ticket

Best regards

9. nac2

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. It did end being an issue where Windstream required the Caller ID w/ Name feature to be added to all of the phone numbers in order to receive the info on the Cisco SPA525G2 phones.

Every part of this is a new lesson learned. Thanks for all the great advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.